Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Re: Soundlink Revolve 3.0.4 update ruined sound quality

Reset mine by both methods numerous times. Then sent mine in for repair and it came back still sounding "muddy" with accentuated mid bass resonances.

So did a check by running a sine wave generator through it sweeping it slowly through the frequency range. Just a test by ear and the there were so many distinct peaks and almost complete nulls over the bass to mid frequency range.

No wonder it sounds so colored and tiring to listen to. It is almost like it has been equalised for the wrong hardware or the equalization is running backwards or something weird like that. 

Contributor
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Re: Soundlink Revolve 3.0.4 update ruined sound quality

Exactly!
IMHO bose just use lower quality hardware now (yes, it is really noticeable difference between 2017 and end od 2019 models of revolve WITH the same firmware. Newer model sound clearly different, much much worse on 1.5.0 firmware (Yes, we tried both - face to face - in the reseller's store where they still have the original model, but not for sale). So the new fw looks like make older HW sounds worse and newer HW sounds little bit better just to make all sounds +- equal.
It is the same s**tty tactic like apple do to their customers.. I am really dissapointed how bose do their busines and I will never recomend this company and I will share my experiences wherever it will be possible..

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Re: Soundlink Revolve+ 3.0.4 update ruined sound quality

Hello all. I am a newbie here and I do have a brand new revolve plus which is made back in Oct 2019 and an old revolve plus made back in Oct 2018.

First thing I realize when I did updating firmware on my OLD revolve plus by using the Connect App on my phone is taking much longer time ( about 1 hour ) and it does sound no better after installed the new firmware 3.0.4 even I did reset the speaker. The base was muddy and no better sound than before update. 

Then I updated my NEW revolve plus by using the Bose website on my laptop which require the USB connection to the speaker.  In this method I seen the speaker does reboot itself while updating and the Bose website does show the process was completed successfully. So, after installed the new firmware 3.0.4 on this new revolve plus and it does sound better overall. Base, Mid-range and High are all produce 360 evenly even at low volume. 

I wish there is a way to uninstall or revert the firmware on my OLD revolve plus so I can reinstall the new firmware using the Bose website with computer connection. After all, my guess is the Bose Connect App cannot be use to update firmware. My advise to all to use the computer connection along with the Bose website to update the speaker to firmware 3.0.4 should give a good sound at the end. Hope this help for all.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

My Bose still sounds awesome after the update. It's an early (2017) model, too.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Hello Bose Team,

I am said to be another member of the community of Soundlink Revolve+ Users who lost the beloved sound after 3.0.4. "Upgrade".

This thread lasts so many months - do you really plan doing anything at all with supporting us in bringing back the quality we paid for?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

Chanced upon this thread when I faced issues after upgrading the software.

Got my Bose Revolve a few days ago and had no issues watching Netflix or listening to music using Apple Music on both my Mac Mini and iPhone XS Max. Things went downhill after I decided to install the Bose app on my iPhone XS Max and was informed that it was installing a software upgrade. After the software upgrade, the sound started cracking. The cracking is worse when the speaker is connected to both devices.

Have tried all the suggestions posted here e.g. resetting the speaker, reconnecting the devices, turning it off and on again etc. but the sound is still cracking.

Paid $200+ for a speaker that gives me **bleep**ty sound. The sound quality from my 6 year old BenQ monitor is better than the Bose speaker after the "upgrade".

Can Bose please fix the software issue? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

I just updated my new Revolve to 3.04. It works fine and sounds better. After reading previous posts, I was concerned and almost cancelled the update but I’m glad I didn’t.  The bass is as good if not better and everything is much clearer.