Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Re: Soundlink Revolve 3.0.4 update ruined sound quality

Hmmm 

I can hear no Differenz.

I have the bose revolve with Firmware 1.50

I Update the speaker first with my iPhone, then i read your new tip

I connect this speaker with my PC ( bose installer). And re update the new Firmware.

But i can not say its better.

I have this speaker 3 days, and the Update is going Automatik From my iPhone.

I hope for a new Update.

Thanks for your tips

Vishalmittal_2000
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

Re: Sound Link Revolve 3.0.4 update ruined sound quality

Hi,

I tried all the steps still the bass is off. Did hard reset thrice and soft reset 4 times but still same issue.

I also checked by placing the speaker to other locations but still same issue. Bass is totally off. The speaker sounds like cheap entry level Bluetooth speaker.

Please help. 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞

MPCoyle
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 30, 2019

Problem with firmware 3.0.4 update

After the 3.0.4 update for Revolve Plus the right speaker in stereo mode starts after the left at the beginning of every song! It’s really annoying.  When will this be fixed?

horizons1
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Re: Problem with firmware 3.0.4 update

I'm gonna pile on here with my grief about 3.0.4. I use an external bluetooth transmitter to send music from my home stereo to my Revolve+. Before the update, the volume controls on the Revolve+ controlled the volume on the speaker directly. After the update, the volume controls only work to remotely control connected bluetooth device audio levels. While that's fine for a phone or computer, it's no good for my purposes.

I had this speaker for 2 years. Called to complain. Got them to waive the repair fees and sent the device back. Of course when I got the "fixed" speaker it's exactly the same as before. Bose did not understand my issue and wasted everyone's time fixing parts that weren't broken.

We need either a) a new version of the firmware that gives back the previous volume control or b) the ability to roll back. Simple as that.

*Bosemaster*
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

reinstall the 3.04 firmware connecting the revolve over USB to a PC and using the web updater. I did it on one of my two Revolve+ and the sound quality didn't change with the update (compared them before and after).

Maybe there's an issue with the firmware update being processed wirelessly over the Bose Connect App, the app is constantly losing connection to the Revolve in daily use and trying to set up Party mode is so slow and unreliable that it's borderline useless.

It would be interesting to know how others have installed the firmware update since we have both have positive and negative feedback here and if reinstalling the firmware over web updater fixes the problem.

Corky63
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

I used the PC to update both speakers via USB.

It says my speakers are up to date and no other option given but to disconnect.

What shame Bose has made such a mess of something that was a very good product.

*Bosemaster*
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

context is missing in your post

are you saying you initially installed the update over the App on "your speakers" (more than one speaker?) and the sound deteriorated on both, re-installing over the webupdater failed because it doesn't give you the option?

Did you try several resets as well?

dmcd6769
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

Here is the reason for the appalling 3.0.4 firmware update that has killed our once great speakers, the all new #BoseSmart.

Bose you also killed the QC35's with firmware updates and introduced the 700 series, I see a hideous pattern here!

DISGUSTING!!!!

Fryc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Does exists a way to downgrade the firmware?

Or at least to flash again the same firmware 3.04?

Thanks

dmcd6769
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

Whilst I am over the moon that I was able to fix the the issues with the sound quality and bass on my Revolve Plus I am still very irate that the issue arose in the first place and as such have uninstalled the Bose Connect app which forces the firmware updates. Why Bose don't we get to choose whether we want to install these firmware updates that obviously aren't tested properly before being shoved on to your unsuspecting and loyal customers.

My QC35's were ruined by an update, luckily the retailer I purchased from gave me a brand new pair.

I won't be re-installing the Bose Connect app unless we the consumers get to choose whether to update firmware or not.