States23
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

Re: Soundlink Revolve 3.0.4 update ruined sound quality

Hey.

I actually love the new update,  made it sound very clear and I liked how they change the base too...

AndresPulido2204
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

I made a full reset, uninstalled the app too and sound ok now.

But, it will be great when the app includes equalizer!

Thanks

States23
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

How do you uninstall the software ??

eugeneviv
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

Bose took away the ability to do that for all their updatable products, we have to wait for the next release and hope it's better or live with what we have now.

Dannyflow
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

IMG_7826.jpg

Hola,

Creo que realmente depende de la fuente en que está emitiendo el sonido (música), el día de ayer actualicé al nuevo Firmware (3.0.4) y realmente no se percibe cambios en el sonido; esto es bajo mi concepto, por otro lado lo tengo en mi oficina donde trabajo, pues le hice una cajita con unos pequeños agujeros para que los bajos suenen mas profundos y que el sonido salga en una sola dirección ya que es realmente lo que necesito. Esperemos que en la aplicación puedan adicionar Ecualizadores. Saludos amigos.

Corky63
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

It was while I was updating my speakers that I decided to see what was new in this update.

Once my speakers had been updated using the desktop updater (not the app) they did sound horrible and the bass tin like. OMG - what had just happened ?

I followed this troubleshoot tip, cleared the bluetooth lists and reset the speakers and the sound quality has returned to being great. I was worried as these are fantastic little speakers. We got rid of our traditional HiFi and now stream thru Spotify in Hi-res and they sound awsome. We take them everywhere from the backyard to Transatlantic cruises. Love them !

eugeneviv
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

Great to hear! I believe the sound quality did get better after I reset my Revolve, too. At first after updating (also with the desktop app), they sounded very bad. Now they sound good, but I'm not sure if it's because I got used to it or resetting did make the sound better. 

@Corky63 wrote:

It was while I was updating my speakers that I decided to see what was new in this update.

Once my speakers had been updated using the desktop updater (not the app) they did sound horrible and the bass tin like. OMG - what had just happened ?

I followed this troubleshoot tip, cleared the bluetooth lists and reset the speakers and the sound quality has returned to being great. I was worried as these are fantastic little speakers. We got rid of our traditional HiFi and now stream thru Spotify in Hi-res and they sound awsome. We take them everywhere from the backyard to Transatlantic cruises. Love them !

Praful soni
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

This is the perfect update. On firmware 1.0.5 it didn't sound good on full volume. But now it's very clear.

Gaart
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Dear Hector, 

I have updated my Revolve+ ver.1.0.5 to ver.3.0.4. I have never heard of the Bose community, but was ought to find it because of the update. Seems it reduces low frequency (bass) and increases middle frequency (voice). I checked it with voice files which I listened to before, the speach became more clear, but music quality became worse. I bought my Bose to listen to the music, now it has quality as cheaper competitors. Please if you have an access to the decision makers in Bose, let them know about our opinion, and what is date when you're going to release the patch, and are you going to? Thanks!

dolivares44
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

I guess i should of read this message board string prior to upgrading the firmware. Having the same sound issues as all of you. I will try the steps outlined for resetting the speakers to see if that works. The depth of sound was lost and i pray those steps work to recover the Bose quality sound.