aravindc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Re: Soundlink Revolve 3.0.4 update ruined sound quality

I have also updated my Bose Revolve SoundLink speaker's firmware to 3.0.4, and it was really a very bad decision to update. I am facing terrible connectivity issues to all the devices which I was earlier able to connect and play audio smoothly (with the previous firmware). Now this speaker only works with very few devices. The rest of the devices are either unable to pair or unable to play audio smoothly. Audio is occasionally jarring while playing through the speakers even from these few devices. I really want to downgrade the speaker to its earlier firmware until Bose fixes this issue, otherwise I will not be able to use this at all.

And I even tried resetting the speaker by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds and removed the speaker pairing from all my devices and tried to re-pair again. However it was only able to pair with few devices like my iPhone Xs. There rest of the devices are not able to pair or play audio smoothly. This is a very bad quality control problem from Bose being such a premium brand.

aravindc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Bose Revolve SoundLink 3.0.4 Firmware Pairing/ Connectivity/ Audio Streaming Problems

I had updated my Bose Revolve SoundLink speaker's firmware to 3.0.4, and it was really a very bad decision to update. I am facing terrible connectivity issues to all the devices which I was earlier able to connect and play audio smoothly (with the previous firmware). Now this speaker only works with very few devices. The rest of the devices are either unable to pair or unable to play audio smoothly. Audio streaming is poor and is occasionally jarring while playing through the speakers even from these few devices. 

And I even tried resetting the speaker by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds and removed the speaker pairing from all my devices and tried to re-pair again. However it was only able to pair with few devices like my iPhone Xs. There rest of the devices are not able to pair or play audio smoothly. This is a very bad quality control problem from Bose being such a premium brand.

I really want to downgrade the speaker to its earlier firmware until Bose fixes this issue, otherwise I will not be able to use this at all.

Hello aravindc,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SoundLink Revolve speaker. 

Thank you for taking the time to complete the product reset to try and resolve this issue, that was a great starting point, can I please ask when you did this, did it then ask you to choose a language? 

Also can I please ask how far away from the speaker you were when trying to set up other devices? It would be helpful to know what devices, in particular, that you were not able to connect? 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

aravindc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Yes after the reset the speaker asked to confirm language as English and I long pressed the muti function button to confirm the same. And I tried not once, but multiple times to reset the speaker in an effort to somehow get it connected to my devices which were otherwise connecting earlier with older firmware.

And with respect to your question regarding the distance from speaker while trying to connect to the speaker, the devices are just 12 to 15 feet away from the speaker. 

I am able to consistently connect to my iPhone Xs. For the rest of the devices the behavior is as follows:

• Device pairs once after several failed attempts but does not establish a connection and retain it
  • Device does not pair at all
  • Device pairs and connects, but all I hear while streaming audio is interrupted audio with crackling noise
pemerick07
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

I love the sound quality of Bose products but, I've learned that you shouldn't update the firmware EVER without checking the internet. The standard troubleshooting procedure is always similar and has never worked for me with my ANC headphones. I definitely won't be updating from 1.5 on my new revolve speakers.

I'm sorry that everyone else in the thread has been affected by this - Bose should be doing more thorough regression testing on new firmware instead of putting the burden of testing on their customers.

Thanks for confirming that for me aravindc, I completely understand why that would be causing frustrations. 

Can I please ask which make and model the other devices are? 

Many Thanks. 

Vicky W

Pilpiu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Same problem here ! How to downgrade pleas ?

Batman_Superman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Same. Updated it couple of days back. 

Sound is absolute **bleep**. 

It's disgraceful a company such as BOSE would do this. 

I'm done buying from these chaps. 

Any fix in future? 

aravindc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Other devices were Oneplus 3T and a GPD P2 Max Ultrabook. Both these devices connected and streamed flawlessly before the firmware upgrade. It is evident that the issue is because of the new firmware. So if you could guide us how to downgrade then it would be of great help until you guys work on fixing the issue. And I guess I am not alone, there are others who are facing this issue as well.

chendehau
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2018

Hi All,

I Have 2 Revolve Plus I usually use to listen to music. I updated one of the speakers to 3.0.4 and yes, I notice the sound difference.

The 1.5 bass sound is deeper and wider while the 3.0.4 is not. On the mid range the 1.5 is also bolder.

Overall I prefer the 1.5 compared to 3.0.4.

This also applies to the pairing. If I stream from 1.5 to 3.0.4, the character of the sound follows the 1.5, and the other way around.

I would suggest anybody to postpone the update to 3.0.4. Stick with 1.5 unless you have connectivity problems with win10 as the update news about 3.0.4.