masimca
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Re: Soundlink Revolve 3.0.4 update ruined sound quality

Thank God I searched on line for any issues with the firmware update. Fortunately, the update from the app was taking forever and I killed it.

I have 2 Revolve speakers for nearly 3 years that I love and take everywhere. Stereo mode always blows everyone away when they hear them. I would have cried if the sound quality got ruined. Very disappointed Bose is not acknowledging there is a problem.

Leary about buying the new sonos competitor version. It doesn't have stereo mode. How can you release a new speaker without stereo mode? You do realize its a way to sell more speakers, right?

jd32
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 30, 2018

This also happened to my soundlink 2 with firmware update. Who ever is running Bose sound quality the last few years has killed the eq settings and it’s killing Bose’s reputation.

Bose please hire back who ever was setting up your equalizer sound settings 3 years ago!

Im buying your products, because your hiding from fixing issues, and it’s clear in your canned outsourced responses to simply reset the device! 

Your customers are screamimg to fix audio quality! 

Listen to them! 

Reset your firmware engineers please,

Kind regards, John

aravindc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Rightly said 😂 Reset your firmware please!

dolivares44
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

I know the Bose QA team is trying to reproduce the problems being addressed on this forum so i want to make sure they have all of the info they need. After resetting the speakers they do sound better since but mids are higher than the lows now. I think that is fine for some folks based on what type of music they listen to but what drew me to these Bose speakers was their lows. It's what added the depth of sound. These are small bluetooth speakers so depth of sound is really important. Big sound from a little speaker is what everyone would say. Now its just loud.

These are only the sound issues. There are issues with linking two Bose speakers using the Bose Connect App. I literally have to try 5 or 6 times to link my two revolve plus speakers before they actually connect.  I want to make sure that Bose QA team is also looking into the connection issues when linking two Bose speakers together. Linking two revolve plus speakers might also help them hear the sound difference. 

eugeneviv
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

I'm the original poster (who also said the issue was "resolved" after a reset). I agree with dolivares44 - the speakers aren't night-and-day better after the reset, if better at all. The bass is still weak, even though the speakers are clearer in the mids and highs. I do not think the issue is -really- resolved as work still needs to be done in my opinion to bring it to where it should be. All I meant to do is give Bose the benefit of the doubt since I'm slowly learning to live with the speakers, but they definitely are bass shy now compared to how they used to be.

HospitalistDoc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

I need to throw my hat in the ring on this, also.

My Bose App auto-updated my Revolve and I've noticed a drop in bass and depth ever since then. I first noticed it playing Massive Attack's 'Protection' on one of my usual playlists. The track no longer hits hard in my room like it used to. The lows are perceptibly weaker.

I would really appreciate it if Bose would allow me to swap out my Revolve with another product.

Hello HospitalistDoc, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues. 

As mentioned by @Jeff_G, we have passed this onto the relevant team and are awaiting feedback from them. 

As soon as we know more, we will update the community. 

We thank you all for your continued patience. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

dmcd6769
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

I have just done another Master Reset (3rd I think) and hey presto I have my rich and full sound back!

Very happy and loving my Revolve Plus again 🙂

Hello dmcd6769,

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know what helped you solve your issue, this is very helpful for other members of the community who might have the same issue as you get to their solution quicker. 

Should you need anything else then please get in touch, have a lovely day!

Kindest regards,
Zoe C 

stephenr123
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

I decided to perform multiple resets in a row (I did three) and my bass levels are now back where they used to be. I have no idea why this worked but for those still experiencing sound issues you might want to keep trying the master reset.