Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Soundlink Revolve Connect/Disconnect from Mac

Hi,

My Soundline Revolve is connecting to my Mac and then within 10 seconds it disconnects without producing any sound from the speaker. The speaker is connecting absolutely fine to my phone. I have also not downloaded the new firmware software after reading all about it's failure to function online.

What I have tried:

- Resetting my computer

- Resetting my bluetooth speaker (disconnecting)

- Clearing all pairings on the speaker holding it down for 10 sec

What else can I try? 

Much thanks,

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink Revolve Connect/Disconnect from Mac

Hi Carriewonder, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having these issues and would love to assist you further. 

I would firstly recommend that you ensure that the Mac is running the latest software as well as updating the speaker via Btu.bose.com

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and if anyone else has had and resolved this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Hi,

I have not updated to the latest software as the other message boards suggest that the latest update compromises the sound quality. Is this solution fixed and can I guarentee this won't happen if I update the software? Additionally, that website is not working for me.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi Carriewonder, 

Thank you for following up. 

If you do not wish to update we can try some other things, but the update should work for you. 

Do you experience the same issue you connect to another device? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

It's only when connecting to my macbook. Works fine on my phone.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Carriewonder,

Thank you for following up! 

I'm glad to hear that you aren't experiencing the issues with your phone!

I can see from your original post that you have tried clearing the Bluetooth pairing. However, I would recommend doing this again by holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds and also deleting the original pairing on your Macbook. Then pair like a new connection.

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Hi,

I just tried that. And it did the same thing it always does - it disconnects almost immediately.

I am also not downloading the new 3.0.4 update as I don't want to compromise the speaker quality.

Anything else I can try? Do I need to do the update for it to work?

Thanks,

Highlighted

Hello Carriewonder, 

Thanks for getting back in touch.

There is no reason why the speaker would fail to connect to your computer if it pairs with your smartphone with no issues. There may potentially be a corruption with the Bluetooth preference file on the mac that may potentially be preventing the connection. To attempt to troubleshoot this, please try the following instructions via this third-party link.

If the issue continues after attempting the 'solution' on the link provided above, please let us know. 

If anyone else is having or has had similar issues, please feel free to join in the discussion!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Hi,

I followed those steps exactly and still the same thing keeps happening. It connects then disconnects immediately. 

Anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Highlighted

Hello Carriewonder, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Do you have any other Mac computers you can test the speaker with to see if the same issue occurs? If not, are you able to visit an Apple store/reseller to test in-store? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G