Korby_Petro
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 9, 2018

Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

So I recently updated to the new firmware for the the Bose Revolve Plus, and it randomly turns itself on. At first it only turned itself on when I put it on its wireless charger and then reached 100% charge. But now it turns itself back on after about 10 seconds after I turn it off. It is very annoying, and even if I put it on AUX audio it switches to bluetooth when it turns on and messes with my other bluetooth Bose devices. Please help!

314 REPLIES 314
Korby_Petro
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 9, 2018

Re: Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

Ok so I held down on the power button until it reset the device and I had to rename it and all that. I plugged it in to the software updater and made sure it had the most recent firmware (which it does). It has now been around 5 minutes since I did that and it hasn't turned itself back on! Hopefully I've managed to fix this problem, but if it happens again I will surely post about it!

Hello Korby_Petro!

Hope all is well. Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing this with us. Please continue to keep us informed, very interesting!

If there is anything else you need, let me know. 

Thanks again,

Mohsin - Bose Support.

Korby_Petro
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 9, 2018

Ok so I thought that I had fixed it, but it has started doing it again. Just like earlier, I turn it off and then 10 seconds later it turns back on and connects to my PC (via bluetooth). It does have the latest firmware that was made available through the Bose device updater, and it was after installing this firmware version that it started doing this. I've just put it on its charging cradle and switched it to AUX audio in order to keep it from interrupting the connection between my PC and my QC 35 headphones. Hope you guys can find a fix!

Hello Korby_Petro!

I am glad you came back and gave me an update on this. Sounds like you have tried to restore your speaker to factory default setting on your previous attempt to troubleshooting. Let's try resetting the speaker this time by performing the following steps below:

1. Unplug the speaker from power and turn it on. The battery must be charged to do this.
  2. Press and hold the Multi Function Button for 10 seconds.
  3. Release and try the speaker again.

If that does not seem to help, my best recommendation would be to reach out to your local Bose Support to discuss your service options. Here is a link to help you get contact info. Additionally, I will pass this feedback along to the team. 

Let me know how everything works out for you! 

Be well,

Mohsin

sdenardbrown
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2018

Hi Support,

I've noticed that my Bose Revolve Soundlink Bluetooth speaker is doing the same thing. I too recently updated to the latest firmware and it started to randomly turn itself on. Especially, if I am using audio from my laptop.

It seems like a new feature perhaps. I am checking to see if that's the case.

Thanks

Lolato
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

Hi there. I'm having the exact same issue. After updating to firmware 1.3.3 (both via USB cable as well as by the Bose App).

Now the Revolve+ powers on automatically with my laptop.. it's very annoying. I can't switch off, when I do it, after 5 sec or so the device turns on again automatically... over and over again. There are only 2 ways I can prevent it from happening: 1) Switching off my laptop completely; or 2) removing revolve+ from pairing list in bluetooth setting.

Both options are unnaceptable, because I have to add again everytime I want to connect in the laptop.

As per the App, I think it's a great feature, now I can power on the device through the app, which is nice. But I don't want to pay the price of having it connecting all the time with my laptop.

By the way, If I shut down the laptop and therefore the Revolve+, the next time I start the laptop again, as soon as Win10 opens, it turns on the Revolve+ again! 😞    very annoying..... 

I hope there is a fix to this asap.... The power on feature should be an optional feature that we should be able to switch On/Off.

By the way, I've tried to reset the Revolve+ holding for 10sec the multi-function button but it didn't fix the issue.

I'm using a DELL XPS 13 9360 laptop with 8th Gen Intel quad core, recently purchased, brand new, and everything else works perfectly (including other bose bluetooth devices I have).

Regards

Rodrigo Lolato

Highlighted
HermannS
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

I can confirm that with the firmware 1.3.3 the SoundLink Revolve powers on a few seconds after it has been powered off.

It seems, that the Bluetooth module is not "off", but idle and keeps searching for the last connected device. The remote power on feature introduced with this firmware is the root cause ("The user can now power on the puppet (companion) speaker through the Bose Connect App"). By the way: I am not using this App, it is not available for Windows 10 Mobile - ever.

Seems, that the Revolve is thinking: "Maybe you want to play some more music, right? Listen I'm ready! You did not want to turn me off, right? RIGHT?!"

This is very annoying. Instead of turning off all Bluetooth connections in my devices or reset the SoundLink Revolve to the factory setting (nice advise!), I have the following workaround until we get a fixed firmware:

When you want to turn it off, switch to AUX mode (tap the AUX button; make sure you have no AUX cable plugged in) and press the power off button. The Revolve is now "off" but turns on a few seconds later - magic! - with telling you the current battery gauge and waits ... After a couple of minutes it is turning off and stays off! Silence! Peace!

Remember to do this every time you have used the Revolve ....

Waiting desperately for a new firmware!

Transformatiecoach
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 17, 2018

Had a firmware update today and experience the same auto-on issue. I tried your suggestion and it is not working. My Soundlink Resolve is still turning on automatic. Before firmware 1.3.3 it didn't had that problem.

Even when I use the option to automatic shutdown after 5 minutes and don't play any sound on pc or smartphone for at least an hour, it remains in working modus.

• Is there a way to roll back this firmware update?
  • Or can there be soon a new firmware update that solved that problem?
  • Or is there a realy working way to turn of that option?

Because when I use the power button, I want that thing turn on and off at my will!

Airavine
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 18, 2018

I think you are correct about that HermannS. My speaker (Bose Soundlink Revolve, not +) only powers on by itself and connects automatically to my computer (Windows 10) whenever I turn it on, not when I have my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) or tablet's (Samsung Galaxy Tab A) Bluetooth on. In order to stop it from turning on automatically, I have to turn off the Bluetooth my computer, which I don't want to do because I have other Bluetooth devices that I need to connect to. Note, I have tried factory resetting my speaker and holding down the multi-function button for 10 seconds per