Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

Re: Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

I also forgot to mention that if you're using Echo/Alexa, you WANT 1.3.3 as you can connect/disconnect (turning on/off) simply by voice, along with volume control. Without this you always had to physically turn on the speaker first before you could connect, which was a pain.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Ok, so following your plan, I disconnect and then connect again when I want to use the speaker. Two steps instead of one, so we're already off to a bad start with "new" softw The fact that I don't have to next to a device is self-evident and that is also the problem. My wife opens up her laptop in the living room and I'm in the bedroom and all of a sudden I get to hear the lovely computer Bose voice tell me that the speaker has connected to "Macbook Air." I don't want to deal with it at all and shouldn't have to. I don't want to then open my phone and instead of just checking my email or whatever, I hear that lovely voice again, a voice I didn't want to hear and a speaker I don't want to power down. Tech is supposed to do what I WANT IT TO, and not the contrary.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

With my information on line being stolen and used by bots to influence elections, I do not use Alexa or Echo as they are further means of gathering information. I live in a small apartment in Manhattan and don't need to tell a robot stuff yet. Everything is still just a few steps away. No McMansions for me.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

Manually turning on/off is also two steps. Plus, without directing your speaker somehow on where you want the source of the sound to be coming from how does it know which device to connect to if there is more than one device with bluetooth on when it powers up? That's another step, especially if it connects to the last used device and you don't want it to.

There are definitely good uses in 1.3.3 for some, so ideally 1.3.4 (or something) is released which simply adds the ability to turn off the auto-connect feature for those that don't like it. Win/win 🙂

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2018

Thanks for this post. I had the same problem with my Soundlink Micro.  My Soundlink kept turning itself on and telling me that it was connecting to my phone. Had to cover it up until I found a fix. This did it.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

Exactly same issue with bose micro running on firmware (1.2.4) This is such a pain in neck.

OFF should be OFF. Seems like I dont have control over my speakers they are possesed and turnon the moment a bluetooth device is switched on.

BOSE - Please roll it back or release a fix for this.

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

Hi!

As a reminder for the SoundLink lovers and for a better experience (wihout the annoying "turning on" of the SoundLink devices).

Stay away from the following firmware versions on your devices:

SoundLink Micro: version 1.2.4    
SoundLink Color II: version 2.2.3
SoundLink Revolve: version 1.3.3
SoundLink Revolve+: version 1.3.3

If you have already updated and feel unhappy, downgrade to the previous version by following the instructions here: https://community.bose.com/t5/Bluetooth-Only-Speakers/Soundlink-Revolve-Randomly-Turning-On/m-p/1181...

HermannS

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Tales of subscribers and customers _downgrading_ software... Really, Bose? Is this what you're about? The five pages of complaints are representative of only a very small portion of the unhappy customers who don't have the time to log on. Bose: do better.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

Yes true. I was facing this issue from past month and just got time to report it today, I am at ease because I downgraded the firmware. However, Am quite sure entire Bose community on latest firmwares would be crying blood tears, not everyone get time to report it. May be bose guys have not used there product themselves after the latest firmware so they dont know how annoying it is when your device auto turn on and haunt you. Its such a stinker, how on earth they could even call it a feature?

I had so much respect for the brand but after seeing this post so steeply being ignored by moderators is sad and disheartning.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

Not everyone dislikes 1.3.3. For those of us comfortable with using bluetooth controls on our devices it's actually a nice feature. If your speaker auto off function is activated... you can simply turn on/off via bluetooth controls (the 'ready to connect' voice for a couple minutes the only downside) even if leaving bluetooth on all of the time. Not sure why this is such a big deal for so many?