Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

Wistful Whiz

Re: Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

A forum gives us the opportunity to present both sides and give our opinions regardless of how they are judged.  It is supposed to be impersonal. If I didn't care, why would I spend all the time responding and providing my insights and personl experience?  How about you keep your eye on the ball and stop the personal attacks (last sentence).

Friendly Fanatic

The issue: the speakers turn on and off without any user options (my eye, on ball).

Don't explain corporate reasoning to me as if I don't understand, not appreciated. I understand.

I use such forums to provoke corporations to actually respond to complaints. They haven't. I understand why. Do I care or need some third party to explain why? No. Show some sympathy for those who actually dislike the software.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz

I understand you do not care.  I post for others who may be interested in my opinions/perceptions.  You are welcome to ignore my posts.

I have made many phone calls to Bose as well.  You will find that you get more mileage out of calls to Framingham employees or perhaps even personal emails to the Bose employees at their corporate email addresses.  You may have different information but I have been told by Bose Framingham employees that the forums are for discussions by customers.  Aside for the moderators, very few if any Bose employees lurk in this forum and I can not tell you if and how your opinions get presented up by the moderators.  Point is, this could be a good place to vent and recruit allies but may not be the best way to invoke change. Bose employees in Framingham, even the support ones, may not read or even be aware of what is going on here.  Phone calls and email are imho much more effective.

Friendly Fanatic

Thanks, that's good to know.

I would hope that a forum is not a place where corporate webmasters "lurk." But I'm constantly disappointed by corporate behavior, even if they produce a quality product. Their job is to maximize profit, the capitalist credo. Their job, I would hope, is also to have positive customer relations.

Fooled again.

Wistful Whiz

OK - we ARE in agreement.  That is why I spent almost two hours yesterday talking to the Manager Of Customer Care in Framingham.  We are actually on the same side.  The talk was not about anything specific to me.  I wanted to share my last three months of experience on these forums and covered various issues, problems, and inconsistent support worldwide across the various Bose regions.

Hi all,

I just wanted to jump in here and ask that everyone remain civil in their discussions. When people share their personal experiences helps promote dialogue in the community!  This is a forum where all opinions are welcome and encouraged!

Regards,

Tony G

Quiet Contributor

What would be great is if you, or someone at Bose, jumped in to tell us Bose is actively working to address this inferioriting issue. Perhaps then there wouldn't be a thread full of passionate and angry customers.

Hi cstreater,

Thanks for posting. I can confirm that we are aware of users reports of this issue with the Revolve. The ability to turn off BLE on the Soundlink Revolve is something that has been proposed to our engineering department and if we have any news we will report it to the community!

Regards,

Tony G

Wistful Whiz

I personally for my own understanding could use some clarification here especially since the topic of this post is: "Randomly Turning On".  I have two Revolves and they will turn on, but it is not Random.  They turn on through Bose Connect app when I swipe to connect to them and when I put them into Party/Stereo mode.  That is 'by design' as far as I can tell.  Bose may change that behavior or perhaps make that optional but I will be suprised if they classify that as a bug.

Then there is the scenarios where on SOME computers (and perhaps smart devices), an action on that device (like turning it on) will cause the Revolve to turn on.  I see it on my Dell Precision laptop with the Intel bluetooth (BT) driver but not using my SMK Nano USB BT Dongle on either my Dell laptop or desktop.  I also do not see it when I turn on my iPhone or perform any other action on any of my devices other than turning them on.   Now that I would personally consider a 'bug' and not 'by design' but I am not sure how Bose engineering could address the issue unless they dedicated both engineering resources and bought the equipment to duplicate the problem.  What makes this situation 'thorny' is that it only happens on some things/some configurations and Bose has stated here (the support moderators) that they are currently not choosing to test all the various hardware configurations.  Seems to me, someone needs to 'convince them'.

Is this previous paragraph what people are taking issue about here?  If not, I would be interested myself in reading more about what exactly is meant by 'random'.  What are those hardware/software environments and are the powering on of the Revolves happening without any action happening on some other device?   In the other forum there are established/known problems of the Bose QC35i headphones randomly powering on.  We know there that the cause is likely a hardware issue involving the contacts in the on/off switch. The problem of powering on is truely 'random'.

So what here is exactly 'random' or do we really mean it turns on as a result of our taking an action with another paired Bluetooth device?

Friendly Fanatic

As the person who started this thread, I think I can answer your question. You see, when I would connect my Bose Revolve + via bluetooth to my Surface Pro (5), the Revolve would turn itself on at random, by which I mean in the middle of the night and other times regardless of whether my Surface was closed or not. I didn't really have any issue with this (I just turned off voice prompts to cope), but what would happen is I would be using my QC 35s with my Surface and without any input on my part the Revolve would turn itself on and hijack the bluetooth signal, a big problem especially when listening to music at night. I haven't really been bothered by the bug since because I no longer use my Revolve + with my Surface or desktop, instead I use my Solo 5 soundbar which I got for Christmas. The Revolve doesn't turn on randomly as long as it's only connected to a "mobile" device (such as a smartphone). I chose to describe it as random because I didn't give any commands to it to turn it on, and there was no clear pattern as to when it would turn itself on. I hope this helps to clarify what I originally meant by "random" and I'm glad to see y'all are still discussing this, I have faith that eventually Bose will work something out.