Queneau
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Re: Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

No. It is not reasonable. It is a complete dodge and irresponsible. You are willing to allow a large number of customers incredibly frustrated with your product to believe that what you sell is inferior, poorly made and engineered, even though the Bose reputation is built on excellence. This approach is self-destructive and it is also a ripoff. People spent around $200 on a product that is the source of frustration instead of pleasure.

You are denying the evidence. The software is mal-functioning but you won't fix it. So your "reasoning" is illogical on its face. Really? That's all you got? Horrible service! Disrespectful! Not reasonable. 

Customer reply to your post: "I hope this explains the reasoning for our approach." The software is broken. Fix it. That's our reasoning, anything less from Bose is theft, plain and simple.

Djkool
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

Instead of wasting time over here, I think we should start a social media campaign and also involve news media. We should let the world know about the issue and spread the information widely so that people are aware of it before buying. Its been a year now already and Bose is least worried about resolving the issue.  If Bose is concerned about customer satisfaction and moreover saving its own reputation, then it will provide us a solution and better customer satisfaction instead of dodging away questions and giving the typical corporate replies. Lets spread the news to get a response from Bose for this issue. 

BOSE, THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT NOW TO RESOLVE THIS ANNOYING ISSUE THAT YOU INTRODUCED! ALL THE CUSTOMERS ARE REALLY FRUSTRATED NOW.

Queneau
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Agreed. Time to move over to Yelp or someother platform. If we copy-pasted a fraction of the complaints on other social media platforms (Twitter? Audiophile platforms, etc.) we'd probably get some movement from Bose. They just couldn't care less. Time to hit them where it hurts: the pocket, the brand, the reputation.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Brandon  Actually what you say may be true for BT 4.0 but that is not really what the issue is here.  Firstly, all of the Bose products use BT 4.x but not all of them implement BLE in the OFF state.  For example, my QC35ii does not emit BLE in OFF and when switched to off ALWAYS stays off.  The BOSE Connect app can not see it.  Same holds true for my Soundsport Wired.  No BLE when OFF.  So it appears to me that the choice Bose made to implement BLE with the Revolve's was not required by the BT protocol as you stated - it was a 'by design' decision.

What people here are asking is why can't the Revolve have three distinct functional states - ON, OFF and Automatic (where BLE is emitted).  So perhaps you can explain if there is a technical reason why you can implement a real OFF state for the QC35ii and Soundsport but not for the Revolve.

Queneau
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

joelirwin does an excellent job of getting into the weeds with Bose. My position is to avoid the weeds. I don't want to work WITH Bose or WITH Brandon. I paid for them to work FOR me and for the customers. I am completely uninterested in the technical side. To me, this is a customer service issue and Brandon and Bose are supposed to work FOR me because I laid out $200 for a product that is not working well. That is what I am advocating: customers have the right to ask for a product to TURN OFF. Get on it Bose.

Thanks JIriwin.

kylekevinriley
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

This forum is rapidly becoming an expert level example of how not to run customer relations. They let a huge problem spiral out of control for over a year before telling enraged customers that it is for their own good and they should just be happy. The new software is better for us: we humble customers are just too small minded to understand how great this update is. Their policy should be customer satisfaction and retention; instead, Bose seems to legitimately enjoy patronizing and disdaining its customers.

A note to forum moderators: you guys are making this so much worse. This is quite a large hole already, and Bose needs to stop digging. 

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@kylekevinriley 

I am not make making excuses for Bose, but having lurked in three of the forums for some time, here is what I have 'gleaned':

1. We as customers think this is a support forum.  It really is not.  Bose has stated here and other places a few times since last year that these are primary user to user helping forums.  It is seems like the moderators are providing support but that is really not their primary job.  They are 'facilitators'.

2. The moderators are Bose support employees but unless the issue is really simple, you get a boiler plate to call the formal support line in your country.

3. The moderators are not really empowered to do anything other than state the 'official company policy/line'.  They can not recommend anything other than their own solutions.

4. I can not personally tell what information flows up or down from the moderators.   I have no reason to doubt when they say that they pass on our concerns but it is not obvious to me what the impact is if  any

5. It is possible that other Bose employees occasionally read the posts in this forum but I do not personally believe the information in our forums are anything but simple input

6. Our forums may not be viewed as representative of the majority of Bose customers but rather a slice of those with problems and complaints.

I am only one opinion here of course but it seems to me that venting here and anger here has very little if any impact on Bose actions and policy.  To bring up our issues more effectively, we need to get the emails for Bose policymakers and to call Bose senior people at their HQ in Framingham, MA.  Sometimes talking to supervisors in the call center could be useful but I am not at all familiar with how our information would flow out of the call center to the policy makers.

kylekevinriley
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

I think some of the posts above are correct. This forum is of no use: get on facebook, twitter, amazon. Leave negative comments and bad reviews; warn potential customers of the pitfalls of this product. I certainly would not have purchased a Bose speaker if I had known about this issue. Honestly, I don't think they should be allowed to sell this product as is. This is a catastrophic defect.

Highlighted
HermannS
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

Hi,

I see only a single way how BOSE does their "approach" for a better customer experience: In your face!

They don't care. They create internal "tickets" and "discuss" it with their support team. For more than 13 month now!

Any reply of the first level supports reads the same. No statements from level above.

Folks, return the SoundLinks as long as you can and sell any BOSE stuff. Contact magazines and go social. Abandon ship.

HermannS

csanupam
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

Level 1 support took 13 months and am quite sure the level above will be atleast 10 times faster (inversally) so my guesstimate is approx 13 years of wait time and by that time who knows if ducks fly and pigs start to crawl. So yes time to jump ships LOL

BOSE - if you are listening. This is a classic example of being callous ....