Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

Re: Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

I confirm SRM6 fix is working!!!  Finally a solution after 2 years!!!  Thank you!!!

Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

What is this SRM6 fix you speak of? 

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

User "SRM6" did not actually "fix" the annoyance - he referred to selling the Bose SoundLink (to get rid of it) and get a SONOS Move (first Sonos with Bluetooth, has WLAN too) instead.

This was exactly my "solution", too. Two years ignorance are far too much.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

When?

When does Bose will take in consideration to provide a real turn off button without being waking up in middle of the night? 

Please just reply a planned date

Best Regards 

Fred

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Imma tell you Fred and I don't speak for Bose, just as a beaten down customer. It ain't gonna happen. Fugeddaboutit.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

I have this same issue.

My speaker (supposedly off) turns on as soon as my computer turns on, SCREAMING in the middle of the night the battery percentage and connected devices.

I can't believe that it's been 2 years and they haven't done anything about it. It says a lot about this company. I will never buy Bose products again.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

So while I own two of these speakers and wish they didn’t have this issue, I think it’s time to realize this isn’t going to get fixed and it is isn’t worth hating on Bose about it. I’m tired of getting those emails. I’ve bought stuff from Bose since I was a teenager and they have gotten it right more times than not. Chill already!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Yeah "Johnny Bose," if a corporation treats you like s***, just take it. They rule the world! Its still a democracy, isn't it? And can't you just opt out if you don't want to receive these messages? Just do it (Nike!).

I say let's try and make this the longest thread Bose peeps have ever received. Speakers screaming at people in the middle of the night are not what we paid for.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

To add to the list of complaints, I also find this bug ("feature"?) really annoying. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Johnny Bose, I understand if you've had time to accept this issue, but for me it is new, as I just bought my speakers. This is the type of things that would convince me to buy another speaker over this one. I've had to unpair my PC to the speakers and in the long term I'd probably have to get used to not using the speakers with my PC and accept that, when I do pair them and forget to unpair them, my speakers will turn on and scream at me in the middle of the night. To me this is unacceptable.