Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose Revolve turns itself on

@grantls 

>Unfortunately I think the two of them are also BLE-ing each other in the middle of the night, keeping

>themselves and me awake.

I may be wrong on this but each Revolve when in BLE mode can communicate only with a BT device with which it is paired.  Bose may correct me on this, but I do not believe two Revolves when in BLE mode can communicate with each other via BT.  I have two Revolves which are paired only with my iPhone 7.  I keep them both off in BLE.  The iPhone will never turn on either Revolve unless I manually ask it to with the Bose Connect app.  An iPhone even when it turns on, will not turn on a Revolve as say a laptop does/desktop does.  And in addition, none of my Revolve's have ever turned been turned on for any other reason so for me that means a Revolve can not itself initiate a BLE on request with another device with which it is NOT paired even if that device is issuing a BLE signal.  In fact, even if the Revolve is paired to another device it can not initiate itself a turn on for a paired device.  The revolve is always in passive mode responding to initiated commands from the other device.

And by the way, there are apps on both iphones and Androids (most are free) that allow you to tell which devices are putting out a BLE signal.  I use "BLE Scanner" on my iphone and it shows when my Revolve is putting out a BLE signal and when it is not.  It also shows that my QC35 headphones and Soundsport do not put out a BLE signal when they are turned off.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2017

@joelirwin 

I think you might be right Joel about the Revolve speakers NOT waking each other up. I found another Android phone in the house yesterday that was paired to one of the speakers and now strongly suspect this was the culprit.  I unpaired the 'rogue' phone yesterday and had no issues last night. 

You can disable BLE on Samsung phones by switching off 'Nearby device scanning' in 'More Connection Settings'. However, this means you cannot automatically detect any other new Bluetooth devices in range. You need to manually scan to see them.  But once you've paired with a device once the phone will still automatically connect to it when it comes within range, even with Nearby Device Scanning turned off.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Is there a simple way to turn this speaker off without any app? I tried keeping power button pressed, then all sorts of combinations with power button, but still saying "ready to connect" or "battery 100%" 

I can not understand why power button works only power ON, but not OFF !

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@bosi72As you know the top button has two states "ON" and "BLE" (bluetooth low energy).  It has no "OFF".  To do an "OFF" hold down the bottom multifunction key until all the lights blink.  It is then really off - no BLE.