Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

Re: Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

"What that means is that if you ever use the unit again and turn it on, you will need to remember to both turn it off and then hold the button multifunction button again."

That is not accurate.  If you do a "hard off" by holding the multifunction button for 6-7 seconds, you can turn the speaker on by pressing the power button twice.  The first press turns on the BT, the second press powers up the speaker.  No need to use the multifunction button to turn the speaker back on.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

That's not my point.  Once you turn the speaker back on and then turn it off, the BLE signal is still on again.  So once again (and every time you want it off totally), you'll need to hit the multifunction again.   Bottom line, to turn it permanently off, you will need to do TWO things every time.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

Not sure I am following you.  When the speaker is on, you can hard off it in one step, press and hold the multifunction key for 6-7 seconds. 

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

So it is possible to turn it off completely without hitting the power button on the top first.  There is only one problem/issue for me with this.  Holding down the multifunction key when powered on, will invoke Siri on my iPhone 7+ before it totally powers off.  If you do it by hitting top power button first, then Siri is not invoked.  I double checked with Bose telephone support and there is no way currently to prevent Siri from being invoked if you hit the multi-function key while the Revolve is fully powered on.

So the bottom line seems to be that either way you do it, imho it is still a two step process.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2019

Hi! 

I registered on the forum only to post this but I bought this device a while back and at first i didn't have this problem but after upgrading the software it is automatically turning itself on. It is INCREDIBLY frustratiing to the point that I don't even want it anymore. 

Every night when I want to use my laptop with my JBL wireless headphones, the bose speakers will turn it self on and announce it very loudly in my bedroom and my wife will wake up as well. This is a horrible implementation of this feature or whatever you want to call it. I just want it to TURN OFF when I press OFF! This is a expensive speaker and it is a stupid feature! Literally have to get out of bed at 1,2,3am just go turn it off after switching my bluetooth on in my laptop to connect to my headphones.

Never seen anything like this before.

This will be my first and only Bose product. Don't even want to risk buying another bose product incase it has this stupid feature. Back to JBL or literally any other brand! 

Does someone want to buy this from me?? Just to get some money back so i can get another other speaker! 

PLEASE FIX THIS! MAKE IT TURN OFF WHEN I PRESS OFF!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

ekasith12, you should read the entire thread before posting.  The solution is on the page 23, at https://community.bose.com/t5/Portable/Soundlink-Revolve-Randomly-Turning-On/td-p/109914/page/23, as follows:

"you can turn off the low level Bluetooth signal (and the speaker) by holding down the multifunction key for 6-7 seconds, until all three lights on the top of the speaker blink rapidly. I confirmed with a BLE scanner that turning off the speaker in this manner also turns off the low level bluetooth signal. Then, one press on the power button turns the bluetooth on, and a second press will turn the speaker on. And, this action does not "reset" the speaker to default or clear the paired devices list, it seems to simply be a "hard" power off. For now, I have also uninstalled the Bose Connect app on my phone, to avold any automatic firmware upgrade that might remove this function."

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2019

You may want to reconsider how you write to clients.  You sound as if you are scolding someone for not reading 23 pages about a self evident design flaw.  Some of us don't have the luxury of time that permits us to casually slog thru the mini-novel that this has become.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 6, 2019

I also have this problem with my Bose Soundink Color II. It turns on at random times and loudly announces its connection to one or all of my devices. It wakes me up. It won't stay off. 

This has only begun since I updated the firmware a few weeks ago.

I used to like this speaker. Now I hate it. I have to put it in the furthest room from my bedroom at night. 

Bose, I have bought many products (some very expensive) from you, but unless you guys can fix this ASAP. This is goodbye.

Erik S

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 6, 2019

This problem occurs with my Apple Macbook Air

Highlighted

Hello all.

I'd like to direct you to this thread where we have addressed this issue with SoundLink speakers.

https://bose.life/2VMbfkI

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!