dani_wipp
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Re: Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

Writing to add my frustration with this issue as well in hopes of bumping a solution. I was so excited to get the Soundlink II after experiencing a friend's older version and have been so annoyed and embarrassed by this feature. Clicked play on something while in the bathroom the other day and my speaker blared it over the entire apartment, disturbing my roommates. Having seen no updates on this by the company even though issues have been reported since last year, I'm sadly likely to return it and go with a different brand. Disappointed.

tallboytodd
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

I too am experiencing this issue. I can't see how this could possibly be considered a good feature that any consumer would want.  

Every time I power on either of my computers running Windows 10 that have been previously paired the Revolve turns on.  I have tried everything in this 30 page thread to address this issue and there is no resolution.

Not sure who at Bose thought this was an ideal function when simply powering on the unit is as easy as can be, no need to do that for me.  Let's go back to the simpler times of using power buttons to listen to music.

tallboytodd
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

@Zoe_C wrote:

Hello woot1,

Thanks for posting in the community. I am sorry to hear that you were woken up by voices from your Revolve speaker, this does not sound like normal behavior as the speaker should not be playing audio if the user is not streaming anything at the time. This would suggest that there is a fault with the speaker if it is playing audio without a source or command for presets. I would recommend that you contact the customer care team as they will be able to assist you further with this issue.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Zoe, woot1 is clearly talking about the speaker voice that tells you what bluetooth it is connected to and how much battery is left, not something streaming randomly.  I'm sure you know that as well from the other 29 pages of replies talking about the exact same issue.  Come on now.

Llarkin
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Yeh this feature is a joke, terrifying to wake up to at night!!!

JohnnyBose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

Bose does not offer the old firmware for the microlink. This is a real safety issue as the device turns on while on airplanes. Please give back the option to revert firmware to disable the Auto On feature.

JohnnyBose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

Bose does not offer the old firmware for the Soundlink Micro. This is a real safety issue as the device turns on while on airplanes. Please give back the option to revert firmware to disable the Auto On feature.

Lkucharek
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Hmmm, that sounds like a great Idea, turn off a good feature to hid the bad ones. If the stupid thing was off like we all are used to a power button doing it would not be an issue. then you could know how much battery life you have when you turn it on. 

30 pages of complaint and Bose is doing nothing, My solution is to not buy Bose again for any other equipment. Let's see Kilspch makes good speakers. 

HermannS
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

Hi,

BOSE released for the Revolve and Revolve+ a new version on August 21st 2019. The other SoundLinks might follow.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Portable/SoundLink-Revolve-Revolve-Firmware-Update-August-21-2019/m-p/...

Has someone tried it, yet? Are the problems resolved?

As I am using the 1.2.2 without the annoying bug and there is no downgrade to that version possible, I'm not the canary.

HermannS

Lolato
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

Dear HearmannS,

For a brief moment you gave me some hope 🙂

Just updated to version 3.0.4... and as soon as I restarted my DELL XPS 13 Win 10 laptop, the Revolve+ switched on by itself again 😞 😞 😞

Frustrating... nothing has changed in this respect (I'm trying to think what kind of improvement could have been more urgent and important than this.... My gosh... Bose claims this updates improves a lot Win 10 bluetooth connection.. What the heck they mean by that that they simply ignore what really needs to be improved/solved.... Thanks for the reminder anyway 🙂

HermannS
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

Sorry to hear that. It was worth a shot - even it was not worth waiting for one and a half years.

Very sad!

HermannS