Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose Soundlink Revolve Speaker // Automatically turns on

@richiewaller 

>How do I not have the speaker turn on automatically? Or how do I go backward on the firmware update?

1. It has to do with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) mode.  That is a feature that the Revolve implemented.  It is not a bug - it is 'by design'.  You can check which devices implement BLE when they are turned 'off' with various free BLE checking apps for iphones and droids.  For example, the Revolve emits a BLE signal which headphones such as the QC35 do not.  This allows Bose to turn on the revolve from the Connect app and to put two Revolves into party and stereo mode from the app. You really only have two options:  (a) turn it off for real (with no BLE) by holding down the multifunction key until the lights blink or (b) unpair the Revolve from anything that you don't want to interact with the Revolve when it is off and emitting a BLE signal.  As you can tell the OFF button is not OFF.  It is effectively STANDBY.

2. Bose does not allow for firmware downgrades and in addition this is not an added firmware issue.  From what I can tell, it was designed this way from the beginning.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

Bose Resolve + Not Turning Off

I saw posts from 2 years ago with consumers complaining that their Bose Resolve + will not hard shut off. The result is at random times during the day and night, the speaker will turn on, announce the battery level, and connect to nearby phones and computers. If during the day during calls or ZOom meetings it is terribly disruptive and at night it wakes up the family. Before I throw it out and go to a Sonos Move, is there a fix? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Re: Bose Resolve + Not Turning Off

I just join the long queue of unhappy customers. More than 2 years of zero reaction is just not good enough. Thus, I guess I need to sell this speaker. Sound is great, but I hate that it randomly switches on and screams the battery status and that it is now connected.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose Resolve + Not Turning Off

@Douglas BSee my response in message 341.  The hard turnoff: hold down the multifunction key until all the lights blink.  Then there is no BLE and it can not be turned on.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

Bose Revolve turns itself on

My Bose Revolve speaker randomly turns itself on while plugged in to charge.  I usually just leave it plugged up so that it is always charged, and mainly  because....who really thinks to go back and UNPLUG charging electronics when they're fully charged.  The problem is that it randomly wakes up and tells me that the battery is charged 100%, often during the middle of the night.  I tried updating the firmware but that hasn't fixed the problem.  Anybody run into this?

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose Revolve turns itself on

@amyjanec13It is 'by design' and this very long post is all about that.  The Revolve does not turn off from the on/off button on the top.  It goes into "Bluetooth Low Energy" (BLE) mode.  You can check that out by installing any free BLE checking app on your phone.  For example, you will notice that the QC35 headphones do not go into BLE mode when off.  This BLE 'feature' allows the Revolve to be turned on from the Bose Connect app and any device it is paired with.  For example, when a paired device is turned on, that device will likely turn on your Revolve.

As is 'by design', Bose does not consider it a bug to fix (I do not work for Bose).  You have two options:

1. Unpair the Revolve from any device which turns it on (or all your devices expect perhaps your phone)

2. Hold down the multi-function key until all the lights blink - that really turns it off - no BLE mode.  You might have to hit the on/off switch a couple of times to turn it on later.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Thank you, Joelirwin.  I sent mine back to Bose for that reason.  They wrote and said that it's fixed and on its way back. I have two and both turn on somewhat randomly. I noticed that If I turned the bluetooth off on my laptop, it doesn't happen so what you said makes sense.  I'll try using the multi-function button. Your comment was very helpful.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

Before you go to sleep... With speaker "ON" press and hold + and - buttons simultaneously until speaker says "Voice prompts off" - all done, enjoy silent night. If you want to use voice notifications again in the future, press and hold + and - simultaneously.

Same effort like pushing ON/OFF button....

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Jan S.From recollection, when you turn off voice prompts, it will beep as a substitute.  You may want to check to see if this is true and when it happens.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

I am aware of that, but better a decent beep then voice prompts 😉