MoSail
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 10, 2018

Re: Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

Thanks for this solution
Works with the Sound Link Color II
Only there software version to downgrade to would be 2.1.7 .
jmart75
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 21, 2018

HermannS, I appreciate the share. Your instructions worked perfectly on my SoundLink Revolve.

nesey11
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

This worked with my SoundColor 11 with a mac but had to use Chrome. Could not get the advanced mode with Safari( latest version). Shame on Bose for not fixing this bug. I don't care about the update. Off should always be off.

Queneau
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Yes, the new 'up'grade to the software is awful. I followed Hermann's instructions and got to the "advanced mode" but could not get any further. Where is there a choice for reloading previous software. The "advanced mode" bar is not clickable. Help!

nesey11
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

My only suggestion is try a different browser. I couldn’t get the advance mode with Safari but was able to get it with chrome
HermannS
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

Hi BOSE Re-Lovers!

Thanks for the kudos and great feedback on my post regarding the downgrade procedure.

As some questions did emerge I want to come back to you.

1. Browser choice: Actually it does not matter, what browser you are using, as long as the keyboard strokes (one by one; "a", "d", "v", arrow-up, arrow-down) are being typed into the BTU website (and not being interpreted by any browser extension or so). I have tested it with Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer, but some of you had to use a different browser to get into the "Advanced Mode". Luckily there are lots of them around.

2. Annoyment-free stable firmware version: For the "SoundLink Revolve" and "SoundLink Revolve+" it is the version 1.2.2 (the latest 1.3.3 has the horrible always-turn-on-when-a-known-Bluetooth-device-is-nearby). Concerning the "SoundLink Color II", the stable firmware version is 2.1.7 (with 2.2.3 with the annoying flaw).

3. Installing downgrade firmware: To install the stable version, select from the dropdown menu while in the "Advanced Mode", for the Revolve/Revole+ version "1.2.2" and for the SoundLink Color II the option "2.1.7". Then click on the green button named "Apply changes »". Wait until the procedure is finished (this takes about 4-5 minutes)

The screen should look like this here:

BOSE Updater.jpg

Enjoy!

HermannS

AshleyBrooks
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 4, 2018

Thank you HermannS for taking the time to post this information I have just purchased the BOSE Revolve and it updated through the Bose + app to 1.3.3. but thanks to you taking the time to post the information I have managed to revert to the older firmware and stopped the annoying constant switching on.

Many Many Thanks

DS03
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

For everyone having issues with 1.3.3... can't you simply unpair the speaker from the bluetooth menu on your device? I am able to do this, and I can power up/down bluetooth on my device without waking the speaker. Pretty simple, and I actually like being able to wake the speaker remotely if I want to. This feature is not Bose-only, I have an older Sony soundbar that has the same capability.

Queneau
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

I use the speaker on 4 devices: 3 different computers and an iPhone. Not all of them are mine. My wife opens her computer and the speaker turned on, my phone, it turned on, my laptop, it turned on, my desktop, it turned on. Your solution is just a pain in my ... and I paid for the speaker. In other words, by spend $200 on the speaker I did not by myself a pain in the ....

I downgraded the software to the previous version by using Hermann's recommendation for the advanced options, which did not work at first. I tried with another computer (not another browser) and it worked. Now, no problems. I can turn it on and off as I please. If the new software actually upgrades the sound quality, then it is just another sense that Bose wants to rack up points in the loss category by redefining customer service as just another pain in the ...

DS03
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

Maybe I stated this wrong. You only have to 'disconnect' them once on each of the devices initially (it will still keep the speaker in paired device memory for next time you want to connect) and it's done. After that, choose the speaker from the paired device menu and it connects/powers on. Using bluetooth is actually less of a pain as you don't need to be next to the speaker to initiate use. Once done, simply disconnect remotely (you can leave in the paired device memory) and the speaker will power itself down assuming you have it set to do so. Turning on/off bluetooth will not power up the speaker until you re-connect it from the paired devices list.