JCOENG
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2018

Re: Soundlink Revolve + Randomly Turning On

This is an absurd "feature". I've been struggling with this same issue. Having phone calls automatically get tranferred to my Revolve+ or having it constantly turning on/off in the middle of the night and announcing it so I can wake up and hear it, lovely. Bose really needs to get a fix out for this rediculous setting and give us a way to turn the device completely off, not just always in auto-on mode.

Suggestions.

1. Disable auto-on completely and have simple off/on/auto-off interface

2. Enable auto-on in a new "standby mode"  that works only via smartphone/pad app but which enables auto-on, so thus off/standby/auto-off

3. Option to enable standby mode only when plugged in or to disable when on battery.

In the last 30sec my speaker turned on and announced doing so with connection to my PC, I shut it "off" with the pseudo power button then 10s later it turned right back on (I timed it). Its more like the power button is a restart button that takes 10s to cycle.

JumpyJumpJump
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 12, 2018

To Tony, your suggestion to contact a local Bose support is bullcrap. I bought the speakers in the Philippines and no one there cares. No one will ever replace this device. And when I say I want to downgrade to a previous firmware, they say they can't help me. All they do is test for hardware failure, never software. I live in the EU now and I doubt they honor the warranty.

I am very displeased with this speakers because of this "feature" and it's even more maddening because a neighbor's Bluetooth dongle is like a hungry shark. It just latches onto all our devices. Somehow it paired with the speaker without me even putting the speaker in pair mode. I had to remove the dongle through the app. Anyway, the dongle continues to somehow repair to the speaker and wake it up randomly, and scare me with a random "waiting to connect" robot voice.

I don't want this "feature" and not having the choice to turn it off has ruined the device.

Auto power on should be a choice.

Your speakers are overpriced. Support is nonexistent. Other manufacturers make speakers that blow yours away, you should at least reward those who bought your product with better support.

You suck.
HermannS
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

Hi!

I can only repeat since February 2018: To reduce the impact of the buggy feature use the following workaround. Switch to AUX mode (circle with arrow), to prevent the reconnection of the device. The SoundLink will turn off after a while and will not turn on again. Furthermore to stop the speaking, turn the voice prompts off (press "+" and "-" simultanously for a few seconds).

Having this said, it is so sad, what BOSE does, by doing NOTHING! For 5 (five!) month now!

Downgrades are no longer possible as the bug-free version has been removed from the BOSE servers! "For the best experience"!

HermannS

Hello all!

We appreciate everyone sharing their feedback and opinions, we definitely hear you. We see some negative and inappropriate comments, and please ask you to be mindful of the Community Guidelines and be respectful to each other. 

We are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and can understand that. Our product team is aware of the feedback in regards to having the ability to disable this feature. We will let you know if we have any new information. 

Thank you again, and please continue to share your thoughts and ideas!

Mohsin

mistral
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

Hi
Please also tell the developers that if they disable the Auto-On/BLE feature (automatic connection to a previously paired device and switching on the device), the entire Bluetooth/BLE is switched off and does not continue to emit unnecessary radio waves, wasting power.
In old version 1.1.6 the Bluetooth runs even if the device is switched off and had no function.

Thank you

mistral

Hi mistral,

Thanks for the great suggestion. Our engineers monitor these threads and will take it into consideration!

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

musicfreak
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 23, 2018

I'm having the EXACT same issue with 2 of my soundlink micros and a HP 13" s101tu laptop (same laptop tested against soundlink mini2/soundlink 3 have NO issues whatsoever)  - Are we expecting a firmware release/fix any sooner??

Craig K
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 26, 2018

Bought the Soundlink Micro from Amazon and it's going back to them. Speaker quality is typical great Bose, bought the speaker announces connection to my laptop and battery level every hour(ish)-very annoying and no way to disable.

AnkitW
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 28, 2018

It is strange and sad that Bose is in the list of product companies who think people are happy to see their devices in "always ON" or "always searching" mode. Apple did a similar mistake by disabling the toggle of wi-fi and bluetooth from shortcuts on the home screen post iOS 11. Though it was highly ridiculed and disappointed many iPhone lovers. However all cries fell on dumb ears and they have not bothered to correct it. Now BOSE joins the club by this irritating feature in the new firmware. Guys, please understand... No one wants battery to keep draining by always keep searching for a device. Moreover, humans using your product are not as dumb as you think. They are one of those who build similar (or better) softwares and products that you do. So, please don't underestimate them, and let them have the choice of turning ON a power button. I'm sure you can find other better areas to apply AI principles in your products, to actually make them better.

Mikail
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

It Works! Thanks for the intermediate fix! Now will the good people at Bose roll out a real update fix?