Soundlink Revolve+ Volume controls not working with Samsung TV Bluetooth connection

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Soundlink Revolve+ Volume controls not working with Samsung TV Bluetooth connection

When connected over Bluetooth to my 32" Samsung UE32K6600AK.

The Soundlink connects correctly and the sound streams well however, when I try to adjust the volume using the keys on the Soundlink it doesn't work - the volume control on the TV is deactivated as it expects control from the Bluetooth device.

Any ideas? Thanks
94 REPLIES

Re: Soundlink Revolve+ Volume controls not working with Samsung TV Bluetooth connection

Hey rimibar!

Thanks for reaching out to the community!  Are you using the Connect app?  I have a couple steps we can try:

1. Unplug the speaker from power and turn it on. The battery must be charged to do this.
  2. Press and hold the Multi Function Button for 10 seconds.
  3. Release and try the speaker again.

Let me know if this helps?

I hope you have a lovely week.

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

Audible Advocate

Re: Soundlink Revolve+ Volume controls not working with Samsung TV Bluetooth connection

Hi Shiloh,

That has made no difference - the volume control just doesn’t work on either the Soundlink or TV.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard

Hey Richard,

Can you just confirm for me that the Revolve volume control buttons work when paired with a mobile phone or a different device?  That will help us narrow down where the issue is coming from.  

Thanks so much for your response and for trying those steps.

Take care,

Shiloh

Audible Advocate

Hi Shiloh, Yes it works fine with my iPhone and Android phones (& Macbook!).
Audible Advocate

Hi Shiloh, a friend has loaned me his Soundlink II Mini and it works perfectly with the TV. So must be something specific to this model? Any ideas appreciated!

Richard

Hi Richard!

Could you check and make sure that your Revolve+'s firmware is up to date?  You can do this via the Connect app or by connecting your speaker to a PC via USB and navigating to btu.Bose.com.  

Let's try clearing the pairing list and reestablishing the connection between your speaker and the TV.  To clear the pairing list on the speaker just press and hold the Bluetooth button down until you hear a voice prompt or tone letting you know that the list is cleared, this should take about 10 seconds.  At this point make sure to delete the speaker from your device's paired lists, including your TV, then reestablish the connection and try it out.  

Let me know if this helps?  Thank you kindly!

Enjoy your day,

Shiloh 

Audible Advocate

Hi Shiloh, thanks for persevering.

Just tried all of the above and unfortunately, same result. The audio remains at the same level and the volume controls don't reduce or increase the volume.

What should my next steps be?

Thanks
Friendly Fanatic

I'm have the same issue using the TaoTronics TT-BA07 and Revolve+

I followed all the steps to cleared and reset both devices, but the Revolve volumn can't be adjusted.

Revolve software at V1.2.2

Any thoughts on the next steps ? 

thanks

Audible Advocate

I suspect this is being recognised as a firmware issue. @Shiloh_C - can you confirm as such?

I gave up waiting and have returned the speaker. In addition, I found the bass reproduction unsatisfactory and not up to the standard I have become accustomed to with my previous Soundlink Mini.