Soundlink Revolve auto power on

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Soundlink Revolve auto power on

So this is more for information than a query but would really like it if a new feature was added to disable this feature. I am running firmware version 1.3.3 on my soundlink revolve +. A feature of the new update is to automatically connect when a paired device is within range. According to Bose tech support "This feature is designed for smart devices such as alexia that require auto on."

What it means is that my soundlink will power on everytime I am within range and take over whatever is playing. I use bluetooth headphones when working sometimes and have my fitbit connected via bluetooth so just turning off the bluetooth on my phone is not an option and what was suggested by the support representitive. My resolution to this was to remove all paired devices on the soundlink so I will need to pair again everytime I want to use it.

Has anyone else found this to be frustrating?

78 REPLIES 78
Friendly Fanatic

Re: Soundlink Revolve auto power on

I agree that enable/disable control function of auto power on is necessary.

I am troubled by turning on the power automatically even when I turn off the power.

The update of firmewear should pay attention to the used conditions of various users.

Audible Advocate

I concur with the above posts. Bose, please address this.

Friendly Fanatic

Bose has not reacted to this post at all, but I think that Bose needs to deal with this issue sincerely.

Hi folks!

I just wanted to drop in and let you all know that we do hear your concerns and have passed this information along and we are actively looking into this.

I will keep you updated with any new information.

Please take care,

Shiloh - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

I've just replied to another post but wanted to add weight by numbers.

The Bose Soundlink Resolve, which I updated with the latest firmware yesterday has started turning itself on automatically even though I have my laptop in sleep mode. 

Therefore you've completely by-passed the Resolve's power button. 

I want to turn it on and turn it off. In no way. do I want it happening automatically.

Vocal Volunteer

Hi!

This new behaviour is caused by a new feature in the firmware version 1.3.3. This version is being put on your Revolve/Revolve+ when you update to the current version. To date there is no workaround - except a downgrade. No word about a "bug" from Bose either ...

See my post here: https://community.bose.com/t5/Bluetooth-Only-Speakers/Soundlink-Revolve-Randomly-Turning-On/m-p/1181...

HermannS

Friendly Fanatic

I confirmed that this problem has not been improved yet with firmware 1.5.0.

I hope that it will be improved soon.

Friendly Fanatic

>>I confirmed that this problem has not been improved yet with firmware 1.5.0.

that's dispointing to hear. There is a lot activiety in this forum regarding this "feature" since it rolled out, one would think that this would have a been a prioirty to fix. 

All we are asking for is the option to turn off the feature for those of us that don't need/want it....seems like a simple request that could be added to the Connect App.

Friendly Fanatic

Does the development department really respond to our feedback?
It has already passed a considerable amount of time since the problem proposal.
However, this problem has not been solved yet.
This problem is a task to lower the user experience, I think that I should definitely solve it.
Please handle as soon as possible.