amitmerwa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2018

Re: Soundlink Revolve auto power on

Do you have any further information or still status quo? Can we expect this issue to be resolved this year?

Hello amitmerwa,

Thank you for the followup.There is no new information available. Our engineering team is aware of the issue and is investigating. When we have more information to share we will let the Community know. Thanks for your patience, I know this is a frustrating experience. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Giacomo Cac
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

Thank you Greg_B!
This is reassuring!
If it can help, it happens to me on Win 10 and Android (Huawei P10 Lite) not on the MacBook Pro
Highlighted
HermannS
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

Dear Bose,

it could be so easy for you: Just give us the 1.2.2 back. In this version the problem did not exist. Witht he introduction of 1.3.3 in February 2018 the problems came up and have not been addressed in 1.5.0.

Unfortunately onlky the 1.3.3 and 1.5.0 is available and the 1.2.2 has been removed from the servers. "For the best customer experience"!

Giving us the downgrade possibility again to 1.2.2 could save you a lot of trouble and frustrated customers!

HermannS

Giacomo Cac
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

I don't want to downgrade the software
I understand the point (and it could be a useful workaround) but it's not a "solution"
Is it really so complicated to add this feature of the 1.2.2 to the next release of the software?

Hello Giacomo Cac,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We are interested in providing solutions, rather than workarounds. The firmware updates are an important way to safeguard the security of these devices as technology progresses which is one reason why we discontinued the practice of downgrading. Our engineers have responsibility for looking at these things from a global perspective and that requires a process to coordinate across all regions. This necessarily takes time. I, and the other moderators, understand that this is frustrating. We feel that frustration as well, however we also understand the need for a coherent and manageable process that improves the status quo while minimizing unintended consequences. We appreciate that for many of our customers Bose products are a key part of life and issues like this are upsetting. We will do what we can to improve the situation. I thank you again for your continued patience.

Best Regards,

Greg 

Giacomo Cac
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

Thanks to you Greg,
I really appreciate your answers, and I understand your points bacause, for my work, I'm used to think in a global way.

Best,

Giacomo.
liudas
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 27, 2018

This "feature" increases dissapointment of bose products every time I accidentally connect to Soundlink. One of scenarios - Sounlink that is placed in neighbour room captures my phone call in the middle of conversation. Suddenlly hear the person I'm tallking with from the room, while he/she cant hear me. I'ts ok to have such "fun talk" with friend, family members, but it's not ok when dissrupting important conversations like with business partners, etc. Today I'am forced to check is my phone bluetooth connection is turned on/off to avoind disconnection. Why? - Because I can't simply turn off my Souldlink.

Let's imagine Phil's Hess phone call would be captured by "feaure" in the middle of live call with some important media channel while advertising Bose products, or some confidenctial phone call details would be accidentally discloused to wide audience. I bet, firmware upgrade/downgrade would be implemented in less than 3 or even less minutes without any excuses.

No offence. This "feature" is like a car without brakes. Please, fix this bug as fast as you can. You should respect you clients, at least not giving such unproffesional excuses like "this is feature".

revolveuser
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 30, 2018

I will never buy Bose again, so disappointing, careless and irresponsible team.

You guys don't care customer's experience at all. Who want to be wake up at 3 am by "connected to xxx".

dashskullsasq
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 3, 2018

I don't know how is this "feature" (aka bug) still on.. Bose team is doing nothing all this time