KennyNote
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 22, 2019

Re: Soundlink Revolve auto power on

This really really has to be taken care of. 

If I switch on certain devices, I don't want to constantly panick that the Revolve could still be in our children's room and thus turn on and start blasting music while they're asleep. 

So I would NEVER dare turning certain devices on, before not having found the Revolve. It's a real stress factor now, even just turning on bluetooth on some smart phones. 

If I could give the Revolve back, I would. 

Michael Bait
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Hey, you are not alone. I absolutely share your frustration and I abhor this useless auto-on feature.  Just the other day, I quickly turned on my laptop just to check work-related emails on my bed without any intention of using the speaker, but it connected by itself without my consent. And when I turned off my laptop, the speaker announced in short intervals that it is now finding another device to connect. So I had to get up, go to my desk, and manually turn it off. A nice relaxing evening ruined by Bose.

PepeM
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

Indeed. Make sure that this "feature" can be turned off. It is so annoying. It wakes up my kid all the time. If I knew about it I wouldn't have bought it.

soportech2011@hotmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

Hi friend, i guess, may be it's too late for this, but a just saw a review about this a few months ago, i have the same problem actually, and bose representative told me to clear the pairing list on my pc every time i use my revolve +, so disappointed about this, bose has done nothing to solve this problem and its almost been one year since this update came out, may be i'm wrong.

I have another Bluetooth speakers and i already realized that the best option to avoid this, is simply connect another one to my computer and never to connect the bose, it's frustrating because the revolve + sounds incredible, but this is so annoying, i spend some time in my bed, turn on my pc, and here comes again, my revolve + begins to to work, so stressful, some day, after all this time, bose will look over this.

iMajed
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Yes I do have this problem when I power on my PC (Windows 10). it is very annoying that my SOUNDLINK REVOLVE+ is off but its wake up when I switch on the PC!!! There is no option to connect them manually, the only way is to unpair it!!!!! 

Bananas
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

I agree, this still hasnt been fixed after nearly 2 years! It would be great if you could sort this out Bose.

ehdsuz28
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Happy New Year and this problem has not been resolved yet. It was somehow a relief to see so many other fellow Bose users are experiencing the same problem I have (of course disappointing at the same time cuz this company clearly doesn't care about the customers and their conveniences for YEARS), cuz I thought my speaker was malfunctioning. Every time I open up my laptop, the first thing I do is to mute it and turn bluetooth off because otherwise it would automatically turn my speaker on and blast the crap out of it whatever music or movie I was playing in the previous use, in the middle of the night. I was also sick of the device's voice prompt, which says "connected to Macbook air", not to mention, every single time I open it, so I disabled it and then it goes out of battery when I want to use it cuz it is turned on without me knowing and spends all the batteries for nothing. I really hope they come up with a way to disable this feature whenever we want to, which I don't imagine it would be too hard. I never wanted this feature.

LeifStyleDK
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Wow.... I'm starting to think I made a mistake buying a Bose Revolve, if the dev team is just ignoring the users.

ScoTTaiko
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Make this **bleep**ing new update to add the power to the speaker to really power on/off! 

Marta_M
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

My so desired Christmas present turned into a nightmare-> I am seriously considering returning my Revolve because of this issue! I have to completely remove the device from the list of my Bluetooth devices and then pair it again to prevent it to switch on every time my system wakes up for some reason (for example in the middle of the night).

Bose, I don't know what you were thinking when adding this, it is a nightmare and a total fail in customer testing!