leegreen81
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Re: Soundlink Revolve auto power on

Yes, I have the same Micro soundlink experience. 

I agree it would be great to just have a toggle in the app that disables the auto-on. 

flatliner
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

I am a relatively new owner of this device and to say this feature is driving me nuts would be a major understatement.  I purchased it as a device to travel with and use as a group speakerphone for work.  As it appears Bose has no intention of addressing this based on this thread being 2 years old, I would suggest that all who see this start leaving 1 star reviews on Amazon.  I would NEVER have purchased this for myself or my sales managers had I known about this "feature".

PepeM
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

Finally, my device got broken during warranty time and one option was refund. I was so happy to get rid of it. I bought JBL that is simpler in usage and does not switch on by itself. I am most probably not coming back to BOSE. Well done BOSE feature planners!

JannieRee
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

OK, it's been 2.5 yrs since Bose replied and it's still a problem!!  Bose, please fix this so it doesn't automatically turn on - not all of us have Alexa/Google devices.  It's really annoying to be watching TV and suddenly my speaker decides to turn itself on and announce that it's connected to my computer.

adrianpd
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2020

Revolve Auto-On Feature SUCKS and NO ONE WANTED IT.

Why on earth would you design a speaker that wont turn off even after hitting the power button? 

Please issue a fix immediately or a refund. 

Caution world: DO NOT BUY THIS SPEAKER. IT SUCKS. 

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Revolve Auto-On Feature SUCKS and NO ONE WANTED IT.

I don't suspect Bose will do either.  You may be able to return it to the store where you bought it if within the store's return policy timeframe.  Best Buy is 14 days.

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@adrianpdI don't work for Bose but this is considered by them a 'design' feature which they adapted when it became part of the Bluetooth 4.x standard years ago.  It is called "Bluetooth Low Energy" (BLE).  As Bose does not considered it a bug (it's a feature), they won't remove it.  I personally have soapboxed on this issue for years.  It should have been a three way toggle just like your vehicle headlight switch - on, off, and automatic (car decides).  But on the top Revolve button, it is only ON and BLE.  No off.  It's an engineering thing to me - poorly designed from a user interface perspective.  But Bose wants other devices to turn it on - like the Bose Connect app (which can put the Revolve into 'party' and 'stereo' modes) and when paired devices turn themselves on like laptops.  It's just many of us users don't agree with Bose's assumptions of use and they should have had an option to allow us to define what off means for the top button.  But there is currently one saving grace for the Revolve at least, the multifunction key.  Not an optimal way of turning it off and prone to forgetting to use, but if you hold down the multifunction key until all the lights blink it will really be off.

You can measure that by obtaining a free app in the Apple or Google Play stores which measure and detect for the BLE signal.  On my iphone I use "BLE Scanner" and "BLE Finder".  If the Revolve is truly off, the apps will show no BLE signal.

Egezer
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2020

I really don't know how they can unresponsive to all these problems as such a "decent" company. I've got the same problem and I don't literally want my speaker turning on itself and connect my notebook every time I start using it. Still waiting for the new software update, fixing that and impaired sound quality problems. 

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Egezer The BLE or Bluetooth low energy feature was added to the industry standard BT 4.x many years ago and implemented by multitudes of vendors including Bose for some of its products such as the Revolve. Other products like my QC35 headphones do not currently support a BLE feature when off. But there are really only two toggles for the top switch ON and BLE. There is no OFF for the top. This is a 'by design feature' and while I can't speak for Bose (I do not work for them), I personally do not think they will be changing it. However, if you hold down the multifunction key until all the lights blink, then the unit will be OFF and not in BLE. This is probably what we all want for the top switch but it is now the only way to currently turn the unit off. (You may have to hit the top button a couple of times to turn it on).
ashmser
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

I found that actually there is OFF but it is hidden. Try pressing multi-function button for 10 seconds until leds start blink.