Re: Soundlink Revolve auto power on

Hi @ka2q,

Thanks or posting. I just wanted to jump in here and say that our engineers currently monitor these threads and are aware of all customer requests and suggestions.

Thanks and have a great day!

Tony - Community Support

amitmerwa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2018

Hi

Any plans for a future release to solve this issue? This topic was raised in Feb and now its mroe than 3 months without a solution in sight or even any guesstimate timelines. It's really an inconvenieve when the speaker turns on and connects automatically wheneve I turn on my laptop (I stream audio to the speaker while watching any media on my laptop) but there are times when I do not want to route the audio through the Revolve for example when I'm on a Skype call or just want to use headphones. Switching off my BT manulally everytime I boot up is not an option. Everything was working fine till this upgrade.

fonti.kar
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 8, 2018

This auto power on and connect is one of the most frustrating features of the latest update. I carry my speaker with me in my back up and everytime I open my computer at work, the speaker will connnect  "Connected to XXXX's computer"! ARGH! I don't want to use this feature! Maybe a disable/enable button please! 

rjtrowel
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 1, 2018

>>This auto power on and connect is one of the most frustrating features of the latest update.

I agree.

I have the Revolve connected to a bluetooth transmitter connected to my TV (so I can hear the TV at a distance in the kitchen)  and cell phone. Since  the bluetooth tranmitter unit is alway on, so isn't the Revolve. 

The other issue is  when I want to connect my phone to the revolve+ to listen to music, I have to turn off the bluetooth transmitter.

How about a survey, since the Bose Engineers are following along. Reply with your preference.

Do you want to make the auto-on feature customizable (Yes/No) ?  

I'll go first - 

Do you want to make the auto-on feature customizable (Yes/No) ?   Yes

AcidRain5
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

How much time will spend Bose waiting to fix this? It's sad to suffer this ever day!!!

HotShotMedic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Bose, Add an option to disable the auto-on feature. Stop mucking about, this is what people want.  You added the feature, you can certainly disable it.  

kunstat
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

I am also disapointed there is no power off button...I bought Revolve yesterday 😞
johann1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 21, 2018

Bose have had their chance to fix this problem. I'm going to take my speaker and headphones back to the store tomorrow to request a refund.

Mikail
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

I recently purchased a Soundlink Revolve Plus and updated the firmware within a day. As soon as I did that, it started to automatically turn on when I turned on a nearby linked device with bluetooth on. 

Also, if a nearby linked device has it's bluetooth turned on, the Soundlink turns on by itself.

This creates a conflict if I want to use a different bluetooth device, say  headphones.

Please address this immediately. It's a major bug that ruins the customer experience with what is an otherwise great speaker. 

bebelro
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2018

Please do solve this annoing bug. It is not a feature, it's something usless that wasn't addressed for months now.