seenavv
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

Re: Soundlink Revolve auto power on

This is my second post, following up on this thread to see that NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

I really miss the days when I adored this device, it's elegance in design and the eminence of its sounds in my living room...

Now I dread this thing ever turns on and it's become a HUGE BURDEN. EVERY SINGLE TIME I OPEN my laptop it connects and announces itself to all members of the household. Even after removing it from the Bluetooth device list! This is ridiculous! 

How difficult is it for us to communicate that when we hit the off button on the device we want the device to be OFF. At the very least the auto-connect feature should be OPTIONAL.

Massive disappointment from an 8+ year customer and fan of Bose Products

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I do not work for Bose and see the same issue between my Revolve and my Dell Precision laptop which uses Intel Bluetooth hardware and drivers.  But interestingly it happens only when I boot the laptop (not other times) and only if I have paired the laptop with the Revolve.  If the two are not paired, the Revolve never turns on.

This seems to be different from what you described.  So first I would ask if you have unpaired from both ends - removed it as a bluetooth device from your laptop and then done a factory reset from the Revolve (hold top button down for at least 10 seconds).

If you have done that it still powers on when you turn on your laptop, I would be very interested in knowing your laptop vendor name and which vendor they used for their bluetooth supplier.  Again, it does not happen in all scenarios with all BT vendors.  My Intel only happens when it is paired and when I use the SMK Nano BT Dongle on the laptop it never happens - even when paired.

jwforsh
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2019

I purchased a revolve soundlink a while ago,  and absolutely loved it.  Recomended it to my friends,  bought a soundlink + for my father,  then had some issues connecting to my laptop so I updated the firmware.  The speaker still works well, but the auto turn on feature has made me come to despise the product, and I'm disgusted with Bose for not addresing the issue.  I am a massage therapist and purchased this for my work, and can no longer use it there because of the consistant disruptions.  There is no need for a loud, long announcement about what is connected.  A quiet beep or somthing when auto turn on occurs would suffice.  Or an option to turn this feature on and off.   Bose,  listen up...I used to tell several clients a week about how great the speaker is since so many would ask how something so small could sound so good,  now I tell people to avoid it like the plauge.  Fix it.    

Hello Jwforsh, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am very sorry that you are experiencing issues with your Revolve speaker, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that this feature has caused you. To prevent this from being an issue, you can disable voice prompts. To disable the voice prompts, please follow these steps:

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold Volume + and Volume - at the same time until you hear confirmation that voice prompts are off
  3. Repeat to turn voice prompts back on

I hope by doing this, that you can get back to loving your speaker. 

Please let me know if you need any further assitance. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

amitmerwa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2018

Does this also solve the auto turn on / connect feature that everyone on this forum has been complaining about for over a year? If not, is there any solution to this problem other than the moderators saying 'we've escalated this'?

Hi Amitmerwa, 

Thank you for taking the time to post to the community! 

We do not have any additional information regarding this at this time. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

rgdevries
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 11, 2019

Bose; PLEASE do something about the auto on feature of soundink revolve!  It is so annoying -- I am starting to tell folks that while the device is otherwise amazing, don't buy it!  It randomly turns on in the middle of the night!  C'mon programmers!  Fix this!

amitmerwa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2018

Thank you, Jessie. 

Maybe it would help if you could try out and find out where the escalation is at the moment? Do you have any ticket numbers to track or do the moderator's requests just go into some black box which no one checks?

amitmerwa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2018

Good luck!

We've (Forum) been trying to get Bose to take ownership of this issue (or even acknowledge that there is an issue) for the last 15 months but to no avail.

Seems like Bose is happy to just sell products and not bothered about after sales customer experience / listen to customer's feedback after the sale (typical sales driven mentality).

Hi Amitmerwa, 

Thanks for your posts and thank you for the feedback. 

We don't currently have any information regarding this. I can only apologize on the delay in getting you an update on this, as stated in the thread this has been passed onto the development team. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B