KennyNote
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 22, 2019

Re: Soundlink Revolve auto power on

This really really has to be taken care of. 

If I switch on certain devices, I don't want to constantly panick that the Revolve could still be in our children's room and thus turn on and start blasting music while they're asleep. 

So I would NEVER dare turning certain devices on, before not having found the Revolve. It's a real stress factor now, even just turning on bluetooth on some smart phones. 

If I could give the Revolve back, I would. 

Michael Bait
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Hey, you are not alone. I absolutely share your frustration and I abhor this useless auto-on feature.  Just the other day, I quickly turned on my laptop just to check work-related emails on my bed without any intention of using the speaker, but it connected by itself without my consent. And when I turned off my laptop, the speaker announced in short intervals that it is now finding another device to connect. So I had to get up, go to my desk, and manually turn it off. A nice relaxing evening ruined by Bose.

PepeM
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

Indeed. Make sure that this "feature" can be turned off. It is so annoying. It wakes up my kid all the time. If I knew about it I wouldn't have bought it.

soportech2011@hotmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

Hi friend, i guess, may be it's too late for this, but a just saw a review about this a few months ago, i have the same problem actually, and bose representative told me to clear the pairing list on my pc every time i use my revolve +, so disappointed about this, bose has done nothing to solve this problem and its almost been one year since this update came out, may be i'm wrong.

I have another Bluetooth speakers and i already realized that the best option to avoid this, is simply connect another one to my computer and never to connect the bose, it's frustrating because the revolve + sounds incredible, but this is so annoying, i spend some time in my bed, turn on my pc, and here comes again, my revolve + begins to to work, so stressful, some day, after all this time, bose will look over this.

iMajed
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Yes I do have this problem when I power on my PC (Windows 10). it is very annoying that my SOUNDLINK REVOLVE+ is off but its wake up when I switch on the PC!!! There is no option to connect them manually, the only way is to unpair it!!!!!