Highlighted
LarBob68
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Soundlink Revolve crackling sound

Received Soundlink Revolve for work anniversary gift.  Tried to listen to a favorite album of classical music, but the sound was distorted.  The speaker crackled as if damaged, no matter the volume setting.  I can listen to this album on any other Bluetooth speaker or wired speaker with no distortion, even at high volume.  Strangely, so far this seems to be the only recording that I experience this problem with.  Other music files, podcasts, and streaming music all play beautifully.  Why would I have this problem with only one album (so far), and why only on this device?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Soundlink Revolve crackling sound

Hello LarBob68,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem with your SoundLink Revolve. 

It is very strange that this is only happening with one album.

Would it be possible to connect your device via AUX and test for the same behavior?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

LarBob68
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Connecting via aux cable does not produce the same distortion.  So, it seems to only be happening while connecting to the Soundlink Revolve via Bluetooth.  It doesn’t happen with other Bluetooth speakers.

Hello LarBob68,

Thanks for getting back to us after testing this. 

I would initially recommend resetting your speaker. To do this, press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow.

Additionally, please visit btu.bose.com on your computer and ensure that your speaker is up to date. 

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Jessie O 

LarBob68
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

I’ve tried your suggested solutions, but nothing has changed the playback quality.  Since it seems to only happen with this one album (so far), only when connected via Bluetooth, and at every volume level, I have decided there’s something unique about that recording that’s affecting the Bluetooth connection between my iPhone and the Revolve speaker.  I will try to re-import from the CD, or look for a digital download to purchase, and see if that does the trick.

Hi LarBob68, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of you attempting to download the album a different way. I would also like for you to test the album from another device to see if the same issue persists with this album. 

If you could also share which album this happens with to the community, then a few other users can also test this to see if they get the same result! 

Kind Regards,

Hector B