Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

Soundlink Revolve+ disconnects at beginning of call

When making a call connected to an Android S10, the speaker will disconnect from the phone when starting a call. it will continue to disconnect if Bluetooth is turned on again until the call is ringing.

Also have an issue when trying to use WhatsApp, each time the Bluetooth is re-enabled the speaker say "call disconnected".

Firmware updates have been done on the speaker and the phone.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Soundlink Revolve+ disconnects at beginning of call

Hello Cetallman, 

Thanks for reaching out, I am very sorry to hear that you are facing some connectivity problems with your SoundLink Revolve+.

Performing a firmware update was a great first step. Can we next attempt in performing a reset of your speaker and mobile device? 

• Disconnect the power cord
  • Power on your product using battery power
  • Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds until the product light glows. 

Does this issue also occur when using an alternate Bluetooth device?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

Tegan M- Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Hi Team,

Me too facing the similar issue on Revolve Plus. When I try to call over WhatsApp or IMO the device is disconnected saying call ended and the control comes to Mobile.

Can you please clarify whether the Calls over WhatsApp or IMO is supported in Revolve Plus?

Is there any solution or workaround available now or soon? Thanks

Highlighted

Hello samuaelJohnson. 

Thank you for posting and reaching out to us today! Sorry to hear that you are also having this issue, can you please let me know if you have attempted the steps above by moderator Tegan? 

You should be able to take all forms of calls from the Revolve using the speakerphone feature here. I would also recommend ensuring that your devices call audio is set to Bluetooth Headset. You can do this by Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Call Audio Routing > Bluetooth Headset

If any other users are also having this issue, please attempt these steps above.

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Hi Hector,

Thanks for your recommendation..

I am using Android Phone(Android 10 OS)

and I am not able to find the given option on my phone.

Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Call Audio Routing > Bluetooth Headset

Can you help with this?

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I personally own this product and can confirm this is related to where the call is being commenced. In my experience, and this is with all calls, not just WhatsApp, you need to initiate the call from the speaker for it to remain on the speaker.

So for example: 

Scenario 1: Call comes in while the phone is connected to the speaker. I answer the call by using my phone. The phone's earpiece will be the default audio output. 

Scenario 2: Call comes in while the phone is connected to the speaker. I answer the call using the multi-function button on the speaker. The call will take place using the speaker. 

This is true for our speakers that support hands-free calling.

Now, if you are the one to initiate the call, unless you are using the voice assistant on your smartphone, it is likely you will be using the screen to navigate the app to place the call. Therefore, the call will default to the internal earpiece of the phone. To remedy this, you can just tap the audio button on the call screen and select the speaker as the output device. 

I hope this helps!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for ur Inputs... Scenario 1 works perfectly for me in Voice call and WhatsApp call i.e while receiving call I am able to attend through Multifunction button. Though for IMO this feature not working.

But while calling from WhatsApp or IMO I am not able to switch the calls to speaker.

Bluetooth icon comes on the call to connect to speaker but when we press it won't connect and says call disconnected.

Would be great if any input is given for this. Thanks

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch!

I must admit I have only been able to test this with an iOS device. I am currently charging up an Android smartphone now to test this. In the meantime, have you had the opportunity to test other voice calling apps, such as Messenger, Skype, Viber, etc to see if the same problem occurs? 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

I am the originator of this discussion...

I have an use a Galaxy S10.

Both my phone application & Waht app have similar issues.

The phone will connect after it disconnects 2-3 times, I just keep hitting the bluetooth icon while on a call till it connects.

Whatapp never connects!

Chris

Highlighted

Hello all,

Thank you for your engagement on this post. 

I have performed some additional tests with both iOS devices and 2 Android devices. 

Android, is as you all described, unusable. That being said, some things to note: 

- The issue only occurred with WhatsApp, it was fine with other services like Facebook Messenger. 

- The issue was apparent on other SoundLink speakers, not just the Revolve. 

- Headphones work fine. All Bluetooth headphones were able to work immediately as expected with WhatsApp.

I have not had the opportunity to test a non-Bose speaker with the phone, so I cannot check if the same issue occurs with other brands. If anyone has a non-Bose speaker that features handsfree support who can test this, it would be incredibly useful. 

Thanks.