Soundlink Revolve will not charge or turn on

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Soundlink Revolve will not charge or turn on

I have used my Sound Link Revolve+ for two days, normally.

On the following day it did no turn on and once conected to the power source it once turned the orange light on.

No sound and no other function works.

Without the power source it does not turn any light on and does not procude any sound.

I just purchased the product less than 1 month ago. 

Tried to update the firmaware but it does not connect to my computer.

What should I do?

2 REPLIES
Strident Supporter

Re: Soundlink Revolve will not charge or turn on

I don't work for Bose and will not do extensive trouble shooting suggestions.  You should probably call the Bose number and have them do that with you.

Here are a couple of suggestions/observations:

1. You probably got the revolve+ with less than full charge and it may be totally out of charge.  Try plugging it in and let it charge a full day or until the light at the top is solid green.

2. If you think it is charged but still not playing anything, you may want to do a factory reset (hold in the power button for about 30 secs) and then re-pair.

3. If re-pairing still does not help, hit the AUX button (and make sure the blue light next to the right top button is on).  Connect a cable to whatever device you want to pair to and see if it plays by connecting a wire to both.  If no, your Revolve is having a problem.  If yes, it then is a bluetooth pairing issue.

Re: Soundlink Revolve will not charge or turn on

Hi ruifarias,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about that. I would like to add a few troubleshooting tips to the great tips offered by @joelirwin

• Are you using a charging cradle? If so can you please try plugging directly into the speaker?
  • I would agree that you should try restoring the speaker to factory defaults.

To restore your revolve to factory defaults.

• Turn the speaker on
  • Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds
  • Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

As always if you feel that your speaker is not working properly, I would recommend contacting your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support