mrkwinther
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 31, 2019

Re: Soundlink Revolve won't charge

Hi Hector,

I did the update and reset as you wrote and have now charged one of the Revolve from 40% to 100% and again from 80% to 100% and it works fine. The battery last very long so it's not that often I charge them. But I'll give a feedback again after some weeks.

Br Kim

BillyG33
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

We are not able to get a charge to our revolve. When plugged in just flashes orange. When unplugged nothing. Can’t even get a quick on

Hi BillyG33, 

Did you try the troubleshooting outlined by my colleague Hector? 

If possible, please try using an alternative USB charger and Micro USB cable.

Further to this, you can update the speaker's firmware if an update is available by visiting this link, then connecting your speaker with the charging cable when prompted.

It should be noted that an amber (yellow/orange) flashing light indicates that the battery is charging and it will continue to do this until it reaches 100%. However, if it is a red flashing light, this indicates there is a battery error, so service should be sought out. 

I hope this helps, and I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

DaveDLT
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

I still couldn't charge my Revolve unless I drain the battery to a flashing red sign + performing a product reset.  This is quite inconvenient as I like to have the flexibility of having a fully charged Revolve ready for a short trip and not having to carry the charger and cable with me.  

Is there is proper fix to this issue?

Gaul33
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

After a little persuading with Bose customer service, they rebuilt it free of charge

DaveDLT
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

They want to charge me $86 for am issue that seems to stem across many owners...

Gaul33
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

That was my original price. And 3 weeks to return? Then she lowered it to $43. Then I had a manager reduce to $0

Highlighted
mrkwinther
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 31, 2019

After some time with no issues charging the Revolve the problem suddenly came back again. This time the Revolve was at 40% when I started recharging it and it suddenly stopped charging at 70%. It would’nt charge anymore so I had to wait until the led became red, do a reset and then it could charge up to 100% again. I have updated the firmware as suggested and done all the reset things. 

acushon
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

Had this exact same problem this morning.  I did some searching and was about to send the unit back when I saw that there's an update available as mentioned in https://community.bose.com/t5/Portable/Soundlink-Revolve-won-t-charge/m-p/199329#M10463.  I headed over to https://btu.bose.com, plugged in the speaker and updated the speaker -- problem resolved.