bosesux
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

Soundlink Revolve won't charge

Yep, I know I'm not the first with this problem.  If you're reading this you've probably had the same **bleep** problem.  I saw other threads about it here but it wouldn't let me chime in on those so I had no choice but to start yet ANOTHER thread about this. 

I bought a Soundlink Mini II.  It quit charging after several months.  I thought it must be a fluke since these things are very popular.  Went through troubleshooting with Bose.  Got it to charge again for a while but it soon the problem returned.  Got fed up, took it back to Costco for a new one.  The new one worked for an even shorter period of time (couple months, maybe?) and then started to do THE SAME THING!  Called Bose.  They offered to exchage my Soundlink Mini II for a (supposedly) NEW AN IMPROVED Soundlink Revolve (although they wouldn't give me a charging cradle like my old speaker had... which ticked me off).  Problem solved, I thought!  So I patiently waited weeks without a speaker until the new Revolve arrived.  It finally came and it worked like it should-- for a couple weeks.

Now the Revolve is doing the SAME **bleep** THING!!!!!  Let me repeat that... THE SAME **bleep** THING!!!  Third time is not a charm!  It won't charge anymore.  This is no longer a fluke.  Plug it in and the orange light pulses but the battery level drops even while it's plugged in and sitting idle!  Yes I'm using the factory cord (I don't have a cradle because Bose is too **bleep** tight to offer me one). 

So **bleep** gives, Bose?!!  This is UNACCEPTABLE!  I'm on my 3rd Bose bluetooth speaker and EACH ONE has gone bad in short order.  Eveyone I talk to at Bose acts like this is the first time they've ever heard of such a problem.  They act so surprised!  They say this must be a very isolated incident!  Whatever!  When I come to these forums I see people having this issue left and right!!  Pardon my french but this is BULL**bleep**, Bose!  Give me my money back so I can buy a reliable bluetooth speaker from another manufacturer!  I don't need a $200 paper weight.  I'm tired of wasting hours on the phone and online troubleshooting this flawed product(s), let alone the weeks in wait without a speaker.  

So what's it gonna be, Bose?  I'm listening.  I'm sure lots of other interested eyes will be watching this too.  

31 REPLIES 31
bosesux
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

Re: Soundlink Revolve won't charge

Ha Ha!  Nice auto-edit of my true wording, Bose!  Sorry if I offended your delicate ears with my coarse language but I am not a very happy camper at this point.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

That is really sad though strange since its not a global problem.  No pun intended.  I have two Revolves and a Mini 2 and so far 🙂 🙂 🙂 I have not had a charging issue with any of them.  If you feel comfortable tell us what country or state your purchased them from.  My Mini 2 came direct from Bose to replace a much large Soundlink (the book one with flap) predecessor which after some number of years (probably 4 or 5) legitimately would no longer hold a charge.  My Revolves were purchased directly from Amazon on 8/3/17 and 9/29/18. I can get manufacturing dates and serial numbers if necessary.  Im from Texas.  I wonder if the issues involve certain regions, batches or serial numbers?

I would agree with you that likely there is a quality control issue unless (unlikely, but possible) it is something to do with your power or the way you charge these devices.  Which makes me wonder in general, does it make a difference how we charge these devices.

bosesux
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

Thanks for the reply.  I bought both Mini IIs from Costco.  The Revolve came direct from Bose as a replacement unit.  From a glance at these forums it's clear that I'm not the only one having this issue.  As for how I charge.... I run the speaker for several hours/day on battery and plug it in overnight so it's ready for the next day.  

I gave Bose the old college try but after three strikes I'm out.  I just want a refund so I can buy a speaker that works!

DiDAN
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 11, 2019

My Bose Revolve didn’t charge. When I connected it to power the charge sound plays and the yellow charge lad glows but no charge after a few hours and Revolve didn’t switch on at all, after performing soft resets and after connecting to power and pressing the power button it said battery low that’s it.

I started google the problem and find no exact solution.

Then I connected the Revolve to my laptop using mini-USB and downloaded software updater from Bose website. The Revolve appeared in Updater app and suggested the software update, after the update the Revolve went back to life.

I hope it will help to a lot of users bring back to life their Revolve. It’s strange to me that BOSE didn’t clearly advise this solution on their website.

Ronald68
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

My revolve has the same problem.

It is charging with the original USB powersupply and cable. Orange LED flashes slowly indicating that is is charging. But it is not charging! Battery level slowly decreases.

I tried updating the firmware. No effect. Tried another charger (Aukey) an cable. Still no effect. Tried a reset (three times). No effect.

So what the deal here, a broken USB port? A bad battery?

mrkwinther
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 31, 2019

I have two Soundlink Revolve and they both have the problem. Sometimes they just won't charge. When I start charging and it doesn't do the BEEP sound, I know they will not charge at all.

The only way I can make them charge again is to use them until the LED flashes RED and then do a reset. Sometimes I can charge after first reset and sometimes I have to do the reset several times. Very frustrating but in the end it works.

Let me say it this way: Whenever I need to charge my Revolve and I hear the BEEP sound, I feel lucky, because most of the times it won't charge before I have done the reset as described above.

Hi MrkWinther, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Please ensure that your speaker is running the latest software via the Bose Updater. I would also recommend that you perform a product reset on the speaker, this can be performed via: 

• Unplug the speaker from power, then turn it on using battery power
  • Press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow, then release the button.

Can you please let me know if you are charging directly to the speaker or with the charging cradle? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

mrkwinther
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 31, 2019

Hi,

I'm charging directly to the speakers.

I will update both of them to 1.5.0 using the Bose Software Updater.

Also I will do the product reset as you suggest.

Br Kim

Hi Mrkwinther, 

Thanks for updating me on this.

I look forward to hearing back from you after these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B