Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

Soundlink Wireless Mobile Speaker 'bleeping' whilst playing!

My Speaker 'bleeps' every few seconds whilst playing! I can't get rid of the bleeping. It's as if it's trying to connect, but it is connected by Bluetooth to my iPad. and playing music. It bleeps two or three times, stops for a while and then starts to bleep again!

I have tried clearing the memory a number of times but with no success. I have even made sure that no other Bluetooth devices are turned on. What else can I try.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink Wireless Mobile Speaker 'bleeping' whilst playing!

Hi Johnbull,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community! 

It sounds like you have done a lot of great troubleshooting with your speaker already, so thank you for trying that and letting us know!

When you hear this bleeping noise, do you have your speaker plugged into power? When the speaker is first connected to power it will make a bee-boop sound, so if the power connection is loose, or not working correctly it could be this noise that you are hearing. It would be worth checking that the power connection is secure and that nothing is stopping the connection from being made correctly on the speaker.

It would also be worth doing a reset of your speaker by pressing and holding the Mute button for 10 seconds. The speaker's lights flash, then turn off once reset.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

When I hear the bleeping I have the speaker plugged into power.

I have tried your suggestions and after resetting it a number of times it now seems OK, thanks! I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't reappear!

Highlighted

Hi @johnbull,

That's great to hear! I'm sure things will be settled from here on out. However, if you do notice any change please let us know so we can continue to assist.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

The problem has returned for no apparent reason!

It bleeps contiguously when connected to the power source when connected and playing through a Bluetooth device and also when just connected to a power source. It doesn't bleep when just being used via it's battery.

However, I cannot just use it via the battery all time of course, because it will need charging!

Help! 

Highlighted

@johnbull Sorry that the issue has returned with the bleeping noise. 

As mentioned previously, it's a possibility that the power connection is connecting and disconnecting rapidly to create this bleeping sound. If you wiggle the power cable, do you notice any change to the bleeping pattern?

If so, I'd recommend getting in touch with us to obtain a new power supply. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'