Highlighted

Re: Soundlink color 2 volume buttons dont work

Hi SanaS, 

Thanks for making me aware of this! 

What region are you located in? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

I am currently found in Lebanon, and i bought my bose while on vacation in France. 

Highlighted

Hi SanaS, 

You can reach Bose Lebanon via this link here.

I hope this helps! 

Kind Regards,

Hector B  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Seems that the Bose speaker wants to adjust the volume through the TRANSMITTING device?  As in it "transmits" volume up and down commands? 

That means that devices that provide an "Aux" type out put and expect the receiving device to amplify it won't work?

Kinda horse crap; every other device deals with it.

Controls iPhone volume fine, but my Bluetooth audio transmitter connected to the Aux-out on my TV is "set volume"...if this isn't fixed with the update, I'm sending it back.  Doesn't work for me.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

So disappointed with Bose soundlink 2. Bought new unopened last month had issues with volume controls not working. I have repaired my devices several times and rest the speaker. The volume worked for all of two days . Seriously this is problematic and forum Bose staff act like this is an odd occurrence. This should be plug and play and no need to update firmware.. for years please Bose smarten up..

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 1, 2020

Soundlink Color II Buttons not working

None of the buttons work on the speaker.  Able to connect the speaker using bluetooth and play songs. Able to connect with bose connect app as well.  Since button does not work, the speaker switches off with "auto off" only.  When bluetooth connects, the speaker is automatically switched on.  Additional points to note

- Long press of power button works

- Have tried the "reset" sequence (pressing the multi-select button for 10 sec and so on).  The device resets, but issue remains

- Updated firmware using BTU.  Current version is 3.0.3. Even reflashed using the a,d,v,up,down sequence.

- Long press of "volume up" button works for enabling/disabling auto off

- None of the 6 buttons work for normal operation (only long press sequence works)

What more can I try to have the speaker buttons work.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

Re: Soundlink Color II Buttons not working

The buttons on my speaker also do not work at controlling volume. It is linked to my laptop--but the reason I got this speaker was so I could carry it around and use it away from the computer. It is absolutely maddening. I want to throw this speaker in the pool.