Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Soundlink color 3 red flashes

I have a soundlink color that is 4 or 5 years old.  It plays, charges, and holds charge just fine.  However, I noticed that when I turn it on the battery indicator flashes red 3 times while the bluetooth connects.  This has been going on for about 2 weeks.  I just want to know if this is an indication of an issue starting.  Is it trying to tell me there is a bigger problem looming in the background?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink color 3 red flashes

Author Accepted Answer selected by AJ1

Hi AJ1,

Thank you for clarifying that for us. I wouldn't expect it to be a sign of anything building, if the speaker is working fine otherwise.

If you are worried about it though, you can try resetting your speaker and checking it is fully up to date.

To reset the speaker you would just need to press and hold the AUX and Volume - buttons together until you hear a tone.

To check for any updates for your speaker, you would want to go to our Device Updater on a computer and follow the on-screen instructions.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi AJ1, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I'm glad to hear that your SoundLink Color is still going and you are enjoying it! 

It sounds like by flashing red it is just letting you know that the battery is low and it will need charging. 

I hope this helps! 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Hi Jessie,

Thanks for the quick response.  I have had this unit for 4 or 5 years, and have 2 others.  This particular one I keep in my bedroom.  I also have one for the kitchen and one for my workshop.  The flashing is not from low battery.  The light flashes three times right when I turn the unit on.  I could have just pulled it off of the charger, with full battery, turn it on, and the light will flash 3 times.  Even if I turn it on while charging it does this.  Is this a sign of an issue building?

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by AJ1

Hi AJ1,

Thank you for clarifying that for us. I wouldn't expect it to be a sign of anything building, if the speaker is working fine otherwise.

If you are worried about it though, you can try resetting your speaker and checking it is fully up to date.

To reset the speaker you would just need to press and hold the AUX and Volume - buttons together until you hear a tone.

To check for any updates for your speaker, you would want to go to our Device Updater on a computer and follow the on-screen instructions.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

View solution in original post

Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Thank you Keith.

Resetting it made the flashing stop.  Still curious why it started in the first place though.