My soundlink dropped connection whilst playing so i tried to reconnect and could not.
1. I have tried to remove the speaker from both devices which were previously connected and now upon searching for the speaker it cannot be found when searching for bluetooth devices.
2. I have tried removing the list of bluetooth devices from the speaker and that did not work.
3. I have tried factory resetting the speaker and this has also not worked.
4. I have tried pairing via NFC and it asks to pair on the device but then says connection was unsuccessful.
5. I have tried to download the updater on both my PC & my phone and the speaker cannot be found by either devices even when being connected via wire to the PC.
Please help as I can not find a solution for this!
Welcome to the Bose Community.
It's very unusual that you've suddenly not been able to connect to any Bluetooth devices but I'd love to see if I can help to resolve this.
You've taken some great steps with troubleshooting already. Would you be able to repeat steps 1 and 2 but in 1 after the other and then try to reconnect using the Bose Connect app. For example:
- Hold the Bluetooth button on the speaker for 10 seconds until a tone is emitted.
- Go to the Bluetooth list on your previously connected devices and ensure that all instances of the speaker are deleted.
- Download the Bose Connect app if you do not already have it
- Search for the speaker
Out of curiosity, do you have a device that you have not connected to before? If so, are you able to make a fresh connection with this device?
I have attempted the steps you advised but still am unable to connect.
I have another device which has never been connected and this is also unable to find the speaker on the Bluetooth list.
I am sorry about this @jim_169. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your speaker. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there.
I've used my Soundlink Color 2 mostly happily for 2 years or so now, with the only wart being the Bluetooth auto-connect "feature" which won't get fixed.
Today the speaker stopped connecting via Bluetooth entirely - it sits and blinks blue forever. I've performed all of the troubleshooting steps in the Bose support guides: full device reset, firmware update, tried multiple devices, removing the device on other devices, deleting paired device lists, etc.
I can see the device broadcasting as a Bluetooth device, but connecting simply times out and fails.
Any other suggestions? It's out of warranty so it's unfortunately about to go in the trash if there isn't anything I can do here.
Looks like my post with the same problem has been consolidated here - curious that the other issue only happened 1 month ago as well.
I also tried the recommendations above with no change. It seems like there are likely more people who either already have had this issue or will have it soon.
Similar situation here, just with a different model;
Last week, when I had my Bose Soundlink II connected to my Macbook Pro, it unpaired itself unexpectedly. I tried pairing again & rebooted the speaker with no luck, trying all the steps that have been mentioned in the initial post. I then forgot the device on my Mac and tried to reload. My speaker now doesn't even appear in the list of devices when I switch it on & I've tried multiple times over the past week.
The thing that is different for me is that I am still able to connect to my iPhone X fine. So my thinking is that this may be linked to an iOS Mac update & maybe this has caused a compatability issue.
@Donnavr Thanks for joining the conversation! Sorry that you also seem to be experiencing a Bluetooth connectivity issue.
Could you please confirm which model of speaker you have? (SoundLink Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II, SoundLink Mini II, SoundLink Color II)
So you have cleared the pairing list, delete the speaker form your computer and then tried to initiate a completely fresh connection?
Its a SoundLink Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II and yep, I cleared and tried to reconnect but the speaker is no longer discoverable on my Mac as of last week.