Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Soundlink making annoying beeping noise

Hi! My Bose Soundlink has been making an annoying beeping sound when it is being charged. it does the two rising beeps and then immediately two lowering beeps. It only occurs when it is charging, but I don't know if it's getting charged fully? is the battery dying? is it connecting and disconnecting from power? It freaks my dog out 😄 So I need to unplug it... Does anyone have a resolution to this?

many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink making annoying beeping noise

Hello smd520.

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site! 

SoundLink Speakers are programmed to make a up-beep when plugged into power, and a down-beep when unplugged from power. This is also part of the diagnostics test as speakers with a stereo configuration will play the up-beep on the left speaker, and the down-beep from the right. The beeps essentially serve a double purpose of confirming the product has been plugged in/out of power, but also if the left and right speakers are working. 

If the beeps occur sporadically during charging, then this could potentially indicate that the power cable is either not inserted correctly, or there may be dust/debris/damage to the cable or power connection port. I would recommend checking both the cable and the port on the speaker for these possible issues.

Most speakers use a standard Micro USB cable so replacements can be easily found in most stores that sell electrical goods. If it uses a proprietary cable however, you can pick up a replacement by reaching out to Bose here. 

I hope this helps! Please let me know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

I have a similar problem with my soundlink Color 2, but it is consistent one up beep then a down beep then back to an up beep. The timing between the beeping is consistent and will only stop when it’s not plugged in. I checked if the beeping will stop when I played some music but it didn’t, the music was just in top of the beeping.

Highlighted

Hi Dre1015, 

Thanks for joining the discussion. Welcome to the forum! 

This is related to when a speaker is plugged into power. If it keeps beeping, this means the speaker is not receiving the correct amount of power to charge it. I would recommend ensuring you are using something like a smartphone charger and not a computer's USB port for instance. I would also recommend leaving the speaker for a short period of time if the battery is severely depleted to allow it to charge. 

If the issue continues, please try using a different micro-USB cable. I would also suggest checking the port on the speaker to make sure there is no build-up of debris. 

Thanks.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

I have a similar problem. It doesn't bleep all the time when charging, but after it has been charging for a while, and I think it is almost fully charged (but the battery light is amber) it constantly makes the raising and falling bleeping sounds. When i remove the charger, it stops bleeping, but the battery light turns red.

Can anyone help? 

Highlighted

Hi Becalm, 

Sorry to hear this! Do you also own the SoundLink Color II?

Have you been able to attempt the troubleshooting already provided within this thread? 

Do let us know, we would love to help.