Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr. Ken
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2020

Soundlink micro stopped playing from Macbook Pro

Bose product name-- Soundlink Micro

(Quiet Comfort Earbuds, NC700, Portable Home Speaker, etc.)

Country-- USA

Firmware Version  

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)  Uncertain

App Version  Uncertain

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)   

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.) --- Macbook Pro mid 2010 on 10.11.6

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce  --Previously working fine--now when connected, the Bose will not play even though Bluetooth is on and shows connected to Mac.  Speakers on Mac play when not connected to Bose.  Bose DOES play when connected to iPhone.

Where do you run into the issue? In home

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? -- Stopped working after a "clean-up" of Mac using CleanmyMac software.

Any troubleshooting steps you took-- Restarted everything in different combinations/sequences; reset Bose to factory and re-paired: same problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mr. Ken
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2020

Re: Soundlink micro stopped playing from Macbook

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Problem solved!  A factory reset to the Bose then re-pairing apparently did it--although didn't notice at first because the volume reset to zip in the process.  Thanks for the input.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_F

Re: Soundlink micro stopped playing from Macbook Pro

Hey Mr. Ken,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome! I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty using your SoundLink Micro with your Mac, but I'd be happy to help.

From what you've posted, it seems you tried a good deal of troubleshooting so far. Have you had the chance to reset the Bluetooth module on your Mac, by trying the following:

1. Press shift + Option/Alt at the same time as you click Bluetooth in the menu bar.
  2. Click on Debug > Remove all devices.
  3. Open the menu again and click Debug > Reset the Bluetooth module.
  4. Now try and re-pair your Bluetooth devices.

Give that a try and let me know if you notice any improvement!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Mr. Ken
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2020

Re: Soundlink micro stopped playing from Macbook

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Problem solved!  A factory reset to the Bose then re-pairing apparently did it--although didn't notice at first because the volume reset to zip in the process.  Thanks for the input.