cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swell6
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

Soundlink mini 1 - works ok but flashing red light...?

My soundlink mini 1 has the blinking red light when plugged into power.  However, if I reset by holding mute for 10 seconds, it gives the friendly beep, and then will turn on using the power button, connect to a device and play music, but only for a minute or so, when it goes back to the blinking red light.

The battery is new and the device will work for a short time on just the battery, no power cable, but again stops after a minute or so and just turns off.  It then won't turn on again.  From this state, it gives the friendly beep when power is plugged in and sits there with no blinking red led and no other leds lit.  If I unplug the power, it gives the appropriate beep, and again when I plug the power back in.

So fundamentally the unit will function, but the charging is just all over the place.  Is it in protection mode?  Is there a way of getting it out of protection mode?

I haven't seen this pattern reported in any other posts so it seems to be unusual.

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Soundlink mini 1 - works ok but flashing red light...?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello Swell6,

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose community. Welcome to the site! 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundLink Mini I speaker. 

A red flashing light is indicative of a battery error. With regards to troubleshooting, the only thing we can recommend is to reset the speaker by pressing the mute button for around 10 seconds, which you appear to have already done. 

Moving forward, I would recommend reaching out to Bose support to discuss service options. Details can be found here.

If anyone else is having similar issues, please follow the same advice.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_G

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello Swell6,

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose community. Welcome to the site! 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundLink Mini I speaker. 

A red flashing light is indicative of a battery error. With regards to troubleshooting, the only thing we can recommend is to reset the speaker by pressing the mute button for around 10 seconds, which you appear to have already done. 

Moving forward, I would recommend reaching out to Bose support to discuss service options. Details can be found here.

If anyone else is having similar issues, please follow the same advice.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

flipmind_16
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

I already do the reset botton. But it still not working and got flashing red light. How can I fix it? 

Vicky_W

Hey flipmind_16, welcome! 

As you have tried all troubleshooting, I would recommend reaching out to Bose support to discuss service options. Details can be found here.

maliitnabulate
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2021

Here's what i did i think its a BMS(Battery Management System) issue just bypassing the BMS in the battery and it work like a charm, you need a little soldering skill and a star size screw driver and a 2 pieces of wire. first open the battery pack carefully Locate the polarity of the battery + and - and the battery terminal indicate in the cover of the battery pack solder a 2wire in the + and - terminal of the battery and solder the other end of the wire in the battery pack terminal that's what i did and it work and charging now.. thanks me later