Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RArvid
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

Soundlink mini II iphone rings thru speaker but no text alerts

Bose product name

Soundlink mini II

Country

USA

Firmware Version

?

App Version

none

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Iphone 7 iOS14.6

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Phone calls will come thru the speaker but text alerts will not

Where do you run into the issue?

Anytime the speaker is connected via bluetooth

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Not sure it ever worked

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Contacted apple who said check with you as there might be a firmware update on your end but that it should work. I do not see anything on your website about a firmware update for the soundlink mini II. Any ideas? I'm a little desperate at this point.

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_W

Re: Soundlink mini II iphone rings thru speaker but no text alerts

Hello RArvid, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the fourms. 

As far as I know, iOS 13 removed notifications from Bluetooth speakers to prevent unwanted interruptions from playback of audio. The notifications now play from the source device instead. This could be whats happening, did Apple mention this at all? Do you get the notifications on your phone?

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
RArvid
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

Re: Soundlink mini II iphone rings thru speaker but no text alerts

This can't be accurate. It works in my vehicle, granted thats carplay but it also works on my bluetooth soundbars (vizio). This Bose speaker is the only one that the text alerts will not come thru. Very frustrating as I have been missing important texts because of this.