cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickyRick
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

Soundlink mini II turns off when continuously charging.

I'd prefer to keep my Soundlink Mini plugged into the charger (no cradle) and powered on 24X7, but after a day or so it shuts itself off and the power light goes dark.  I have to fiddle with the buttons to get it to turn on again.  Why can't I keep the charger plugged in all the time? Would it work if I used a cradle?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Soundlink mini II turns off when continuously charging.

Author Accepted Answer selected by RickyRick

Hi @RickyRick,

It isn't recommended to keep this speaker plugged in and charging constantly, as this overtime may have a negative effect on the battery life. This speaker only requires 4 hours to charge when using a charger with a 1.6 Amp output.

If you're noticing the auto-off feature is still not coming into play, I'd recommend checking that your speaker firmware is up-to-date by visiting HERE. Also, this speaker should be providing 10 hours of listening at a normal volume - are you getting that?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Vicky_W

Hey RickyRick, 

Thanks for posting. 

The speaker powers off after 30 minutes of inactivity while connected to power in Aux mode. Is your speaker in AUX mode when this happens? To disable the auto-off feature, press and hold the Bluetooth and + buttons simultaneously. You'll hear an alert (or a tone) confirming that the auto-off feature is disabled. To activate the auto off setting, press both buttons again.

Let me know if this helps!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
RickyRick
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

Not using Aux and had previously turned off the auto off feature.

Really want to keep charger plugged in all the time.

RickyRick
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

I wish this could have been resolved. I guess the bottom line line is that you cannot leave the Soundlink plugged into the charger 24X7.  Thank you!

RickyRick
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

Can somebody PLEASE answer this question?  Using BT, have auto off turned off. If I keep the charging cable plugged in the speaker turns itself off a couple hours after full charge is reached. I'd like to keep the charging cable plugged in all the time as the battery drains fairly fast, even when not playing.

I WISH BOSE HAD A TECH SUPPORT OPTION TO TALK TO A REAL PERSON. TRYING TO GET ACCURATE ANSWERS FROM THE BOSE COMMUNITY IS NOT OPTIMUM. Thanks! Rick

Sam_F

Author Accepted Answer selected by RickyRick

Hi @RickyRick,

It isn't recommended to keep this speaker plugged in and charging constantly, as this overtime may have a negative effect on the battery life. This speaker only requires 4 hours to charge when using a charger with a 1.6 Amp output.

If you're noticing the auto-off feature is still not coming into play, I'd recommend checking that your speaker firmware is up-to-date by visiting HERE. Also, this speaker should be providing 10 hours of listening at a normal volume - are you getting that?

View solution in original post

RickyRick
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

Thank you Sam! I'm not concerned about battery life. Using as a speaker for my echo. Auto off turned off works when not plugged into charger. The problem is when plugged into charger, after full charge is reached the speaker will turn off. I don't want the hassle of charging, I just want to keep it on and available for my echo. I do need Bluetooth, that's why I bought this.