Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Soundlink mini II will not pair with phone

I just purchased my Soundlink Mini II. Can't get it to pair with my Samsung Galaxy S9. I've paired my Bose headphones to my Samsung. I've done the update on the Samsung; update on the Bose Soundlink Mini; cleared the list on my phone. Nothing. That's why I bought this, so I could play music from my phone. Ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink mini II will not pair with phone

Hello svandegriff, 

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues pairing your speaker to your smartphone. This certainly is a capability of the speaker so lets see what we can do to find a solution. 

Can you please power the speaker on, then press and hold the Bluetooth button for around 10 seconds. You will hear it make a beep-boop sound. The Bluetooth LED on the speaker will be pulsing blue after. This indicates that the speaker is in pairing mode and is ready to make new connections. 

On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth > Turn Bluetooth off, then back on again. Next, Scan for available devices. The speaker should appear as "Bose Mini II SoundLink." Tap on it, then the speaker should make a boo-beep sound, and the LED on the speaker should go white. 

Please give these steps a try and let me know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.