Soundlink resolve +

Silent Starter

Soundlink resolve +

My husband was given this speaker for his 71 birthday, last year. I have been told it is “out of warranty? I , the wife have been on phone more than once with the support team, the last time for over 45 min. This speaker is suppose to be waster resistant and is showed on your website sitting in pouring rain with the statement “ singing in the rain” 

for whatever reason 3 days ago this speaker started having pairing challenges with our  iPhones, then we could hear music via phones but not via speaker, then it would pair to phones and then disconnect. It had a drip on bottom of speaker, the size of a small button? Who knows how this got there. Now the speaker will not charge.I was told that we should send this into Bose for $75.00 and they will repair it? My kids paid $300.00 for this machine! I have an older Bose , we have had for over 15 yrs, that plays radio and CDs and it works great. Only downfall is it has no Bluetooth. Also tried to down load app and was successful, BUT it would not open and went. Back to download screen 5 times. Can anyone help me please! We are seniors on set income and my nusband is a Vietnam Vet that so enjoyed this speaker from his kids that no longer works☹️.

Connie Karpowich for Dave Karpowich

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz

Re: Soundlink resolve +

first of all, I am a few years younger and didn't go on active duty until 1976, so thank you husband for his service and putting himself in such danger from all of us (I never left SAC in Omaha for 3 years! Smiley Happy ).  From what you shared and as I am also an owner of a Bose Revolve, I am not myself convinced from your words that your issue is definately one involving water.  You may first want to start all over again by removing the revolve from your phone and all your computers and then factory resetting the Revolve.  Bose can help you through all your processes.  Perhaps by starting from scratch you can get things to work.  Even if there was water, from your description, it does not seem to have been particular deep or have done damage to your Revolve.  Just my 2 cents.

Re: Soundlink resolve +

Hello Karpowichklan,

Thanks for posting in the community. I am sorry to hear that your SoundLink Revolve+ is having a bit of trouble, I would be more than happy to help you with this today! I would recommend the same as @joelirwin did, so I would start by clearing the paring lists of the speaker and the devices used with it. I would also recommend a product reboot, please follow the steps below:

• Unplug the speaker from power, then turn it on using battery power

• Press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow, then release the button.

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support