Soundlink revolve volume controls not working on Ugreen USB Bluetooth Dongle Adapter 4.0 for PC

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

Soundlink revolve volume controls not working on Ugreen USB Bluetooth Dongle Adapter 4.0 for PC

I have updated the latest version and the volume buttons no longer go to Ugreen USB Bluetooth Dongle Adapter 4.0 for PC
please solve this problem because before the update went very well!

Ugreen USB Bluetooth Dongle Adapter 4.0 for PC Computer Speaker Wireless Mouse Bluetooth Music Audio Receiver Transmitter aptx
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/g4r93M8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by Marius Ovedenie

Accepted Solutions
Wistful Whiz

Re: Soundlink revolve volume controls not working on Ugreen USB Bluetooth Dongle Adapter 4.0 for PC

@Marius OvedenieI have had particularly good success with the SMK Nano Dongle with CSR drivers  Its only about $15 on eBay.  I can not guarantee it will solve your problem but its not very expensive to try.  Thing is, Bose imho (I don't work for Bose), will not test or provide much support for any third party BT hardware under Windows 7 or 10 or on a Mac.  After the standard troubleshooting and resetting, it either works or doesn't.  Our best bet is to find a dongle that works though occasionally the integrated BT chipset (like the Intel on my Dell laptop) also works.  Go figure? Smiley Happy

Their final solution will be to have us work with another vendor to solve the problem.  Yeah right - like Intel, Dell or Microsoft care about whether the Revolve works or not.  I have gone that route - waste of time imho.

35 REPLIES 35

Re: Soundlink revolve volume controls not working on Ugreen USB Bluetooth Dongle Adapter 4.0 for PC

Hi Marius, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

To confirm, did the volume controls work previously? Was the update for the revolve or for the dongle?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Audible Advocate

the buttons went very well before the update. the update was made for revolves. after the update, the volume of buttons on the PC (windows 10) does not go up. now works only on the phone (iphone)! please support before updating went smoothly!
Audible Advocate

I am very disappointed and angry because the speaker is a friend and he is mad at me that because of the update he does not go to control the volume to the PC with the buttons. I did not have to update the box. please repair this problem! Smiley Sad
Audible Advocate

I reset the revolve I deleted the list of connected devices without any solution. after updating on the computer that before updating has been very good now does not want to change the volume of the buttons. I tried the same dongle on another computer but the same problem. it is very clear that the problem came after the revolve update. please support with a new update or how to downgrade if possible. I do not know which version was revolving before the update but was updated to version 1.5.0.

please help!! Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Hi, Marius.

Thank you for keeping us updated on this issue. Have you tried a factory reset since performing the firmware upgrade?

To reset the SoundLink Revolve, turn the speaker on, then press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue, and a voice will prompt you to select a language.

Please let us know if this helps. Also, if anyone else is experiencing issues with the volume buttons since the 1.5.0 update, please let us know. The more information we have, the more we can pass on to our development team.

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Unfortunately, I did exactly as you told me, but without any result. I can no longer change the volume in the revolving buttons. please support because it is very hard to go every time to change the volume on the computer. I did the update because it did not write anything about dongle connectivity. can a downgrade be made?

Hi again, Marius.

Due to the difficulty of maintaining several versions of the firmware and making sure that they are compatible with all of our speakers, we only offer the latest version. One of our moderators has written a more detailed post detailing the reasons why

We want to narrow down the cause of the issue and, to do so, would like to try a couple of things.

• Do the volume buttons still work when using the Revolve with a mobile device (phone or tablet)?

• Do you have another dongle? If so, do the buttons work when using it on the same laptop?

If anyone else is experiencing the same issue, we'd be grateful to hear from you.

Best regards,

Patrick A

Audible Advocate

hi,

i have no other dongle but i tried on a lenovo laptop with integrated bluetooth and the same problem i have.

volume buttons do not even work on this laptop.
on the dongle I have buttons worked without the problem until update 1.5.0 done yesterday.

please support because it's ok not to go because the old update went smoothly.

please support !!

Hi again, Marius.

I'll look into this and see if I can shed any light on the matter. Again, if anyone else in the community is experiencing this, please let us know.

Best regards,

Patrick A