Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 11, 2020

Soundlink revolve volume controls not working

Bose volume buttons not working on Bose Revolve speakers. Bought the product some years ago tried everything that Bose suggests. No solution yet. Had the problem since 2017. Now before I return it just asking the community what is up with the solution man??

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink revolve volume controls not working

Hello Subhrajit Samanta, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having this issue, I would love to help. When you say that you have tried all of the steps Bose suggests, have you tried: 

• Checking for and installing any available product updates. Visit http://btu.bose.com and follow the instructions to ensure your product has the latest features and enhancements.
  • Performing a product reset. To do this unplug the speaker from power, then turn it on using battery power and then press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow, then release the button.

If so, I would love to know if you are able to control the volume via the Bose Connect app? Also, do all other buttons on the speaker work? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

I have a brand new Soundlink. The volume controls on the speaker do not work. I tried the reset as described in the answer above, no change. I am using bluetooth transmitter on a talking book player for the blind. The volume controls on my other Bose Bluetooth speaker do work with this talking book player. What should I do? Return the product?

Highlighted

Hello DaleLips, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am sorry that you are having some difficulties with the volume controls on your speaker. Can I please confirm if it is the physical buttons on the speaker that are not responding?  

Whilst we aim to be compatible with most systems, we cannot guarantee compatibility with all Bluetooth adapters. However, I would like to exhaust every option here to see if we can get this up and running for you. 

A reset was a great place to start in looking to improve the connection, did you happen to try updating the speaker? If not I would recommend this be our next step. 

If you have updated the speaker to no avail, I would be interested to know if the speakers control work with another device such as your phone? It would also be great to know the name, make and model of the talking book player you are connecting the speaker to. If I have this information I may be able to find a workaround. 

I look forward to your response. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

Yes, it is the physical buttons on the speaker. My Bluetooth  transmitter is: Mpow Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver. 3.5 mm 
The MPpow works with my other Bose Bluetooth speaker, SoundLink Color Bluetooth® speaker II 
I don't see any software updates for the Soundlink mini... 
Highlighted

Thanks for the extra information, DaleLips. It's useful to know that this just seems to be happening with your SoundLink Mini

If there are any updates available for your SoundLink Mini, they can be found with our Device Updater. Depending on which model of the Mini you have there may not be any updates available. You can check which model you have using our Product Identifier.

It would also be worth clearing the connection to your adapter and re-pairing afterward. TO clear the pairing on your speaker, press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear a tone.

Let me know how you get on.