Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

Soundlink revovle pairing to bluetooth extenter

i am trying to pair my sound link revolve to a miccus home tx pro long range bluetooth audio transmitter.  how is this done?  thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Soundlink revovle pairing to bluetooth extenter

@new-world-samurai(I do not work for Bose)

First thing to do is check the user manual for your bluetooth extender to make sure it is properly set up and activated.  Take note of any special things it says you should do if any.  Then I would next un-pair your phone from the device which is being extended.  Use your phone to make sure that the bluetooth device being extended shows up and can be re-paired to your phone.  If all goes well and if the extender is truly 'transparent', then you should be able to pair the Revolve normally as if the extender was not there.  If not, then I would suggest you consider returning the extender and trying a different solution.

There is absolutely nothing you can do on the Revolve end to make it pair and work if there is an issue.  If problematic, the issue would like with a possible incompatibility in the use of the extender.

What I have learnt in my single story residential house is when I connect Bose products to my iPhone, I get about 30 feet straight line of sight before the connection drops and of course, anything in the way/blocking (like walls), will reduce that.

If you are looking to try to have a streaming audio source in one room with speakers playing the music in another - a bluetooth solution is probably not the best technical alternative.  As you can see from all the streaming speakers out there (Amazon, Google, etc.), they don't communicate with Bluetooth - they communicate via Wifi.   So Wifi is a much better solution for streaming audio across multiple rooms and barriers imho - not bluetooth.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

Re: Soundlink revovle pairing to bluetooth extenter

thank you for your insight.

i currently have a bose mini that i use with the extender and it works great. 

i just got the revolve to connect by using the pairing method for a second speaker.  press and hold bluetooth button and volume +