Keesharu@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2020

Soundlink won’t Connect to Alexa App

My Bose Soundlink portable speaker will pair with my iPhone but cannot get my new echo dot/Alexa app to recognize it. Any help would be appreciated! Ty! 

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_F

Re: Soundlink won’t Connect to Alexa App

Hey Keesharu,

Is this the first time you're trying to connect your Bose speaker to your Echo Dot? You may want to follow the steps shown on the Amazon website HERE, to connect your speaker up. Give that a try and let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Keesharu@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2020

Yes it’s the first time I’ve tried pairing. I get to the point of Alexa “searching” for a device to pair with; however, it doesn’t recognize by Bose speaker. Speaker is on and they are side by side. 

Sam_F

Have you tried clearing the pairing list of the Echo Dot system? You can find some steps to try that HERE.

Also, if you're trying to connect the Bose SoundLink speaker to the Echo Dot whilst it's still connected to your phone, this will not be possible. Were you trying this? If so, disconnect the speaker from your phone and attempt to connect it to the Echo system using the steps linked in my previous post. Let me know how things go!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Pepperlandadventures
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

I’m having this same issue and have tried the steps you suggested. My sound link mini II still won’t connect to Alexa. Are there any other steps or procedures?

Keith_L

Hi Pepperlandadventure,

When you are trying to pair your speaker to the Echo, you do need to make sure the SoundLink is in pairing mode and ready to connect. To put your speaker in pairing mode, turn it on, then press and hold the Bluetooth button until the Bluetooth LED starts flashing blue. 

If the Echo is unable to connect to the SoundLink when it is in pairing mode, the troubleshooting steps HERE will help you get the two connected.

Let me know how you get on!