Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdjny
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

SoundlinkColor 2 and HSP

I recently purchased a Bose Soundlink Color 2, and am trying to connect it to my home phone as a bluetooth headset.  It will not pair, and when I read the manual on the phone, it states that the speaker must support the HeadSet Protocol (HSP) of Bluetooth.  Does the Soundlink Color 2 support HSP, or is it in the plan to support HSP in a future firmware release?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: SoundlinkColor 2 and HSP

Author Accepted Answer selected by cdjny

Hey cdjny, 

Thanks for posting. 

The SoundLink Color II supports HFP, A2DP, AVRCP. I can submit a feature request for you for HSP, but to set your expectations, I am unaware of any plans to add this. 

I hope this helps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_W

Author Accepted Answer selected by cdjny

Hey cdjny, 

Thanks for posting. 

The SoundLink Color II supports HFP, A2DP, AVRCP. I can submit a feature request for you for HSP, but to set your expectations, I am unaware of any plans to add this. 

I hope this helps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

cdjny
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Thanks for the response!

I had purchased the Soundlink Color 2 in the hope of connecting it to me house phone, but the house phone only supports HSP.  Please submit the feature request to allow me a glimmer of hope.