Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2020

Soundtouch versus Bose Sound App

Dear support, I have a lifestyle 600 and very happy using the iphone Soundtouch app.

I want to buy an additional set of portable speakers (for outside).

1) Can you please inform me which portable speakers can be controlled with the Soundtouch app ?

2) If not possible, and if all the portable speakers are only compatible with the Bose Music app : can I upgrade the software of my Lifestyle so it is also compatible with the iphone Bose Music app ?

(the goal is off course to use 1 and the same app for all…)

Kind regards, Bart

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch versus Bose Sound App

Hey Bart,

Welcome to the Bose Community. 🙂

It's great to hear you're enjoying your Lifestyle 600 system. I'd love to help you with possible solutions to expand your listening experience.

Would you just be looking at speakers that use battery power? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2020

Hey Charlotte, thanks for the quick assistance 👍

That is correct, I am looking for battery powered outdoor speakers.

Highlighted

Hi BSTR, 

Regrettably it is not possible to to upgrade your Lifestyle 600 in order to become compatible with the Bose Music app. 

We did have a SoundTouch Portable speaker available in the past, however this was discontinued in 2015 if you were looking for something with portability. 

We do have 2 sets of outdoor speakers available the SoundTouch outdoor wireless system with 251 speakers and the SoundTouch outdoor wireless system with 151 SE speakers but do note these do require AC power. 

Do let us know if you have any further questions 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!