Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

Speaker disconnecting every 8 seconds

My Soundlink is paired with my MacBook Air.  Whenever I connect the two devices so that I can listen to music, they only stay connected for 7 - 8 seconds, then the speaker disconnects.  I have tried unpairing and repairing the two devices, rebooting the computer, turning the speaker on and off.  None of these helps.  It doesn't happen when I pair my MacBook Air with other Bluetooth devices - only with the Soundlink.  It also doesn't happen when I pair the Soundlink with my i-phone.  How can I fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Speaker disconnecting every 8 seconds

Hi tptdoc,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Bluetooth connection to your MacBook and would be happy to help you resolve this.

Thank you for trying that troubleshooting as well, they are all steps we would recommend trying when having an issue with Bluetooth connection so it does help greatly!

Can you please confirm which Soundlink speaker you have so I can advise you as accurately as possible? If you put your serial number in on this page it will let you know which speaker we are working with, if you are unsure. 

We do also have a thread containing a lot of helpful information for using Bluetooth speakers with a computer, so you may find something that resolves your issue on there.

Kind regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

My speaker is the Bose Color II Soundlink.  By the way, I have two different MacBook Air computers, and the speaker is doing the same thing with both of them.

Hello tptdoc, 

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming your speaker. 

I am sorry that you are having these issues. Can I please confirm if you have read and tried the steps on the thread Kerri linked you to? 

If so I would love for us to try and update the firmware on the speaker via https://btu.bose.com. 

If any other members of the Community have had this issue I would love to hear your thoughts. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

I did not receive any communication from anyone named Kerri - only you and Keith, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.  The speaker still disconnects after a few seconds every time I connect it with my computer, and I've probably tried literally hundreds of times.  Can someone actually fix this, instead of continually putting it back on me - Have you tried this?  Have you done this?  It's your product, and it doesn't work right.  Please fix it.