Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drewbysy
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2021

Speaker turns off when using iPhone photo- video mode

Why does the speaker turn off (playing Spotify), when I start a video in iOS iPhone XR Photos mode.  I Bluetooth to the speaker on the phone.  But, when I use the MacBookPro to Bluetooth Spotify to the speaker and disconnect my iPhone Bluetooth connection to the speaker, then I can use the iPhone video in Photos.  I don't understand why I can't record a video and Bluetooth Spotify to the speaker at the same time?  As soon as I get out of Video mode on my iPhone I can reconnect to Spotify and speaker. 

Any help here?  Just want to understand why

Bose product name

SoundLink Revolve (power connected) 

iPhone XR (lastest update)

Within 30' from speaker. 

Texas USA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drewbysy
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2021

Re: Speaker turns off when using iPhone photo- video mode

Author Accepted Answer selected by Drewbysy

Thanks for the reply Tegan_M, 

Upon some further research, I found that it's the problem lies with Apple and not with Bose.  In these links, the issue I have is highlighted and described.  Quote from https://mashable.com/article/iphone-dual-bluetooth-audio/    "You can already connect one iPhone to several Bluetooth devices — a watch, a speaker, a car — but you currently cannot send Bluetooth audio to two different audio devices."  

So, until Apple comes up with a fix, one cannot record a video from the same iPhone that is playing music through an external speaker via Bluetooth.   I hope this helps clarifies the issue. Now I understand the problem.

Thanks, 

Drew

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tegan_M

Hi Drewbysy,

Thanks for reaching out. 

This is likely due to the change of Bluetooth profiles which occurs when recording a video opposed to Spotify streaming. The SoundLink Revolve functions on Bluetooth Low Energy technology and can have 2 connected devices at one time. You may disconnect your iPhone, however without turning off the Bluetooth off your iPhone, this device will still connect when the Revolve finds a Bluetooth connection. This therefore is causing that interference when you are listening to music. 

To eliminate this, I would suggest if you do not want both devices connected to your Revolve, turn off Bluetooth functionality of the device.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Drewbysy
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2021

Author Accepted Answer selected by Drewbysy

Thanks for the reply Tegan_M, 

Upon some further research, I found that it's the problem lies with Apple and not with Bose.  In these links, the issue I have is highlighted and described.  Quote from https://mashable.com/article/iphone-dual-bluetooth-audio/    "You can already connect one iPhone to several Bluetooth devices — a watch, a speaker, a car — but you currently cannot send Bluetooth audio to two different audio devices."  

So, until Apple comes up with a fix, one cannot record a video from the same iPhone that is playing music through an external speaker via Bluetooth.   I hope this helps clarifies the issue. Now I understand the problem.

Thanks, 

Drew

View solution in original post