Speaker won't charge all the way

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silent Starter

Speaker won't charge all the way

I purchased two Soundlink Micro Bluetooth speakers.  One charges to 100% as it should, the other only charges to 90% no matter how long it's plugged in.  Has anyone else seen this, and is there a way to fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorJeff_G

Accepted Solutions

Re: Speaker won't charge all the way

Hello tcanderson,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker, I would be more than happy to assist you with this today.

Firstly, I would recommend a product reset, please follow the steps below:

1. Power on your product
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth® light glows blue and you hear a voice prompt to select a language.

Secondly, you should make sure your system is up to date by pushing a manual update. Please follow the steps below to do this (Note: A USB-A to USB-micro B cable is required for this update):

• Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
• Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product
• Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
• Click "Download" to download the updater
• Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB
• If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains
• Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

It would also be a good idea to try another charging cable if you have one available, if none of the troubleshooting above has worked then I would recommend calling the customer care team in your area as they will be more than happy to assist you further with this. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,
Zoe C - Community Support 

3 REPLIES 3

Hello tcanderson,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker, I would be more than happy to assist you with this today.

Firstly, I would recommend a product reset, please follow the steps below:

1. Power on your product
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth® light glows blue and you hear a voice prompt to select a language.

Secondly, you should make sure your system is up to date by pushing a manual update. Please follow the steps below to do this (Note: A USB-A to USB-micro B cable is required for this update):

• Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
• Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product
• Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
• Click "Download" to download the updater
• Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB
• If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains
• Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

It would also be a good idea to try another charging cable if you have one available, if none of the troubleshooting above has worked then I would recommend calling the customer care team in your area as they will be more than happy to assist you further with this. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,
Zoe C - Community Support 

Silent Starter

I ran the update and it worked....thank you!!

Hello tcanderson,

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting me and other users know that this solved your issue! 

I hope this helps other users and should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C